Oscraps

Corfu Greece
K

Corfu Greece

The Achilleion Palace, was built in 1890 by the Austrian Empress Elisabeth, also known as Sisi. It was designed to represent an ancient Phoenician palace, with colonnades and sculptures around the grounds dedicated to the Greek god Achilles.

The Imperial Garden has exceptional views of the surrounding valleys and the Ionian Sea. The palace was named Achilleion by the Empress to honor Homer’s hero Achilles who she admired both for his strength and divine beauty
Credits list
Scenic Templates No 1
APP Kinsfolk; paper, transfers
MultiMedia Reverie; heart, button
MultiMedia Documents 8_4 grass, button
MultiMedia Branches 3
Reactions: cyanne22
I did not know about this connection between Sisi and Corfu! Beautiful photos! I don;t imagine I'll ever see Corfu, but I think about it often, as the Durrell's in Corfu was one of my favorite shows ever ;-)

I did not know about this connection between Sisi and Corfu! Beautiful photos! I don;t imagine I'll ever see Corfu, but I think about it often, as the Durrell's in Corfu was one of my favorite shows ever ;-)
That show was recommended to me after visiting Corfu. I just haven't found the time to watch it yet.

magnifiques pages de voyage merveilleusement documentées qui vont faire un album exceptionnel que vous regarderez toujours avec le même plaisir !The Habsburgs in particular knew SiSSi well the exceptional places to take refuge (Corfu Madeira ...)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
KathyHaupt
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename