Oscraps

Contacts Again
A

Contacts Again

Contacts Again

I'm finally wearing contacts again, hopefully this time it's a permanent change :) Just felt like I had to do this LO documenting my love/hate relationship with them.

Kit used:
OScraps "Changes" collaboration kit from the designers at Oscraps which includes:
Changes chipboard tag: TaniaJPS
Chipboard numbers: V. Stegall
Paperclip and ribbon: Leah Riordan
Green string clasp: D. Tope
Background paper, Yellow flower and Eyelet: M Lamarre
Changes word art and butterfly: C Gibson
Flower stitching: Sara Amarie

Other elements used:
Arrow: M. Reinhardt (SBB Nov)
Flower doodle: Rhonda Stark (Digital Design Essentials)
Doodle Brackets: Susan McCormack

Journaling:
I got my first pair of contacts when I was in middle school. I remember wanting them earlier than that, but my parents made me wait until I could show I was responsible enough to deserve them. Grade 7 or 8, I think. I plainly remember the day I got them - it was one of the last days of school, and I felt so mature to be getting contacts finally. Unfortunately the excitement quickly ended when when I realized the maintenance that would be required. Back then, gas permeables were required for anyone with as much astigmatism as I had. Soft contacts for people with astigmatism didnt exist yet. And boy, were gas-perms uncomfortable!! Plus back then we had separate rinsing and cleaning solutions, and I couldnt remember to clean them early enough every night so they could sit in the cleaning solution long enough. Consistent routines have never been my strongpoint, especially as an immature barely-teen. Over the years, I have tried between 12-15 brands of contacts, both soft and gas permeable, and none have worked out very long. But at age 30 (almost 31) I have finally decided to give it another try. I am tired of breaking glasses, being blind without them, ensuring they dont get scratched, etc. I am tired of searching for glasses that are wide enough to fit my huge head and still cute enough to make me feel pretty. I want the attention I always get when I actually wear my contacts and the compliments on my beautiful? eyes. God gave them to me, and I finally want to show them off. Ive been mulling this over for about a year now, but the deciding factor was that I finally proved to myself in Summer 2006 that I could regularly take the pills my gyno prescribed to help control my PCOS. Its part of my decision to improve myself in 2007, to feel better about myself and the way I look. Its a small step, but in my mind, its significant. Today (1/11/07) Beto and I had our eyes checked, and Ive got a trial pair of Acuvue Oasys to wear for a week and then I go back to ensure they are wearing comfortably. Heres to hoping this goes much better this time
around!
There are no comments to display.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
AlmostMex
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings