Oscraps

Challenge #4: Bitter Cold 15 Below
isDK

Challenge #4: Bitter Cold 15 Below

Our last day in RMNP didn't disappoint. It was a gorgeous morning. The view was amazing and the elk were hungry. There I was, no gloves at 15 below zero, taking photos until my phone couldn't see my cold fingers. I learned the screen works by detecting 'heat' from my finger.
Credits list
Anna Aspnes: Paper, twig frame, snowflake, charm, brushes
Vicki Stegall: Fancy Flakes
[golden hour]
As you get older your circulation reduces very gradually. Extremities are usually worst affected, and that means fingers and toes. Any reduction in heat in the fingertips, will affect the ability of a heat sensitive touchscreen to respond correctly.
oscraps.com/community/threads/february-challenge-4-double-scraplift.34780/
Recipe for the challenge:
LO1 Vertical strip typography, blended photo with surround elements
LO2 Vertical wood boards, twig frame, scatter snowflakes (to replace stars.)
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  2. Vicki Stegall
Love the framing here and also the tidbit of info--had no idea about the workings of a phone camera.

Your title work is perfect. Love how you masked this beautiful photo. Great job of adding some additional facts vertically on the side. Love your take on this challenge.

Frigid beauty! Love the framing. Too cold, I guess that's why we migrated to Florida this year.

Brrr, your page perfectly reflects the intensity of the cold. I love that you kept it rustic by using a vertical wood background and a free form photo mask. Thanks for joining in the challenge. Keep those fingers warm!

Beautiful view. Always learning new things from you. Had no idea that the screens are heat sensitive, though makes sense.

A frosty outlook through your peep hole. Beautiful photo--especially from where I sit--Florida! We may have iguanas dropping from trees but it is not -15 below.

I've never tried to take photos in -15 below temps! You are a brave soul! Beautiful page!

This is SO beautiful! I agree with everything that everybody else has said, and the framing with the limbs really adds to the whole framing effect!

Layout information

Category
Challenge 4
Added by
isDK
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename