Oscraps

Challenge #2: To the Stars
isDK

Challenge #2: To the Stars

Early March seems to always bring the most dramatic weather, and we went anyway. Visibility got down to zero and you drove a tiny bit off the road and sometimes no tracks ahead of us in the snow. We knew the birds were there, and they would be our reward after a treacherous trip.
Credits list
Anna Aspnes: APP Aspera, Adventure WordArt, brushes,
With a pioneering spirit, we reach for our highest aspirations, strengthened by our difficult times.
To the stars through difficulties | Two snowplows & Friends of Roswell Animals | Wasn’t sure we’d see the exit in time.
March 2022 Challenge #2 - One Word. The word STAR(s) needs to be in the title
Wow! This one was an adventure! Gorgeous composition and expressive journaling!

a perilous adventure, you are brave. the colors and the tortuous aspect of the background make us feel the atmosphere that surrounds you! the photos are very evocative

What an adventure! You caught the "mood" so perfectly in this beautiful spread! Love the journaling too!

Thought about you yesterday and wondered if you would be heading to the birds as planned... never a fun stretch to drive... enjoy your adventure... lovely documentation...

I love how the pictures and the journaling and elements are on opposite sides! Wonderful page! What birds, may I ask??

I love how the pictures and the journaling and elements are on opposite sides! Wonderful page! What birds, may I ask??
The sandhill cranes (I think 23,000) come through Colorado and rest at the Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge in March. Dates are vague, nobody talks about this. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive for us. We saw three other vehicles today, none yesterday, but they have a Crane Festival that starts Friday right after we leave.

All I can think is thank goodness you made it there in one piece.
Certainly looks white-knuckle inducing from the photos (which you had the presence of mind to take). Now I'll have to look for the bird photos.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
isDK
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename