Oscraps

Challenge 1 - Artist Inspiration
AZK

Challenge 1 - Artist Inspiration

I was really intrigued by how the artist used the pencil drawings to place elements into an image that weren't originally there, so that's what I tried to duplicate.

Process notes:
I placed my photo onto my canvas and duplicated it. I placed my characters into the scene and merged them with the duplicated photo. I desaturated that resulting layer and applied a sketch action.

I created a paper shape that would encompass my little scene and clipped the sketch layer to it. I experimented with many blend modes and color effects before I got what I was satisfied with.

After adding the hand holding the paper, which was often found in the artist's work as well, I added a few leaf elements and called it done.

In hindsight, I should have chosen a photo with less detail as I think the sketch photo would have come out a lot better.
Credits list
Supplies: Come Fly by Lynne Anzelc Designs
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Lynne Anzelc Designs
Reactions: Su_Sanne
This is fantastic!! I had to look really hard and see what was photo and what was an element! You did a great job with the sketch action!

perfect! love the b&w sketch with the fairies and you even included a hand. love everything about it. thanks for playing the challenge!

Such a creative and wonderful interpretation of the challenge. Love it,

This i s so very creative!! I am sorry I am so late on commenting, I was away (a relative;s medical issue) Love, love what you did, such an amazing composition!!!

Layout information

Category
Challenge 1
Added by
AZK
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename