Oscraps

Cat Nights Begin
vickyday

Cat Nights Begin

A "Just for fun" layout as I did not know this information.

Journaling reads: Cat Nights begin on August 17. This term harks back to the days when people believed in witches. A rather obscure old Irish legend said that a witch could turn herself into a cat eight times, but on the ninth time (August 17), she couldn’t regain her human form. This bit of folklore also gives us the saying, “A cat has nine lives.” Because August is a yowly time for cats, this may have prompted the speculation about witches on the prowl in the first place. Also, nights continue to get longer. Cats, crepuscular creatures, are nocturnal hunters. Their superior night vision means that the nights belong to them.
Taken from almanac.com

I blended a paper from each kit to create the background, adding paint elements in between the layers. And I blended the Pixabay image into the background. I copied a portion of the cat’s ear and placed it on top of the hat so it would appear to be coming through the hat.
Credits list
Cattitude Scrapbook and Art Journal Kit by After Midnight Designs
Zen and the Art of: All Hallows Eve by Maya de Groot
Amelinda font for title
Arial Narrow font for journaling
Witch and cat image from Pixabay
I love that you put the hat on the cat! Or is it The Cat in the Hat...lol! The cute paws tip toeing around is very cute.

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename