Oscraps

CarpeDiem_Trains
dwsewbiz

CarpeDiem_Trains

My husband has been waiting his whole adult life to build this train layout, then he just needed a grandson to share it with. It makes me so happy :)
The Carpe Diem Collection continues to be just perfect for my current photos. I added Transfers and MM Document papers to add texture and interest to the background.
I used a Scenic Template FotoBlendz to blend the photo on the left, and Corner Slit Frames + Carpe Diem Frame for the photos on the right. I added a mask to the frames and lightly erased some of the background to soften the colors.
Railroad tracks clip art in Overlay Mode; train clip art in Color Burn Mode, with a MM gem added, plus threadz and splatters as steam.
The clock cluster is from MM Milieu, with the heart recolored. I added Threadz to carry across the page and mimic the railroad tracks. I'd already used this title for a page but it's too perfect.
  • Love
Reactions: ksacry and lacy
Love the warmth, the wavy tracks, and how trains aren't just those big diesel honkers hauling freight that we know so well at our house and are bringing joy to your house.

Oh my gosh! I have been waiting to do the same! I love trains and have several engines and buildings and scenes that I painted. Never the space to set one up but I can dream. Great page. I am sure hubby and the little one will have hours of fun times together.

Love everything, especially the threadz and splatter for the smoke, genius!

Oh my gosh! I have been waiting to do the same! I love trains and have several engines and buildings and scenes that I painted. Never the space to set one up but I can dream. Great page. I am sure hubby and the little one will have hours of fun times together.
One of the must-haves for the house we bought almost 4 years ago was space for a train room. We built a master suite in the basement - huge room that we added a walk-in closet and full bath to call it a bedroom suite for when we sell it, but intent all along was the train room. Hubby built a mountain and tunnel, river and waterfall, it's amazing! And now having Oz has made it so special :)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename