Oscraps

Cape Escape-spread 4
musicmom3

Cape Escape-spread 4

My biggest challenge on this album is turning out to be the backgrounds—for some reason I am struggling to make them cohesive, especially at the gutter. Which takes time. What's working more or less is using a solid or semi-solid paper for the two background pages, then adding transfers and overlays from the Artplay Palette down the middle to enhance color and texture. In this case I also dragged a piece of driftwood into the gutter for some visual interest at the centerline but can't decide if it's too cluttered. Will leave it for now and come back to it later, if time. My other concession to the looming deadline of Christmas is to streamline text. Since I told most of the story on the previous spread, this spread has just a few bullet points instead of a whole description. Not writing a screed for every page is new to me and somewhat disorienting as I am unsure of myself, but onward! I have learned so far that working chronologically through my pictures rather than skipping here and there through the various days is really helping to keep me on track.
Reactions: ksacry
Something new to discover in every photo. Over everything else, I love that you were able to get the whole family together for this get away.

You're on a roll! I like the bullet points (have done that myself sometimes) and I love the piece of driftwood! Love the photo of you and hub just taking it all in with a smile :)

Lots of memories in photos is what I usually do. Text is my hardest part so I like your bullet points!

Great photos and flow. I struggled for years about the gutter. Maybe use a fade gradient or one of Anna's book textures that just divides the two sides end of story? That's how I gained an affection for those spiral bindings and other things that distract me from the issue entirely. ;)

What great family memories. I love the driftwood in the background and I absolutely love the fishing side with the little fish swimming across your photos!

Great photos and flow. I struggled for years about the gutter. Maybe use a fade gradient or one of Anna's book textures that just divides the two sides end of story? That's how I gained an affection for those spiral bindings and other things that distract me from the issue entirely. ;)
Yes, the gradient...had forgotten about that. Will give a try!

So wonderful, all the pictures, good times. Love that hexagon frame.

I, too love the photo of the two of you enjoying this special time with your family. I love the colorful kayaks and the candid photos.

Love the colors and engery. The use of the bullets to highlight the events is perfect, each family member will remember their own unique experiences.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename