Oscraps

Box Gardening
Done for the Themes & Occasions Challenge #6
Gardening has been a special event for me this year. Especially when picking the veggies, and even more so getting to cook and eat the fruits of your labor!

I grew up with parents that always had a garden. And we kids were expected to work in it, too. It was not fun then! And we raised a garden when our kids were younger. And, I am sure they would tell you that they did not enjoy it, either!

Last year, believe it or not, my oldest son made some boxes to plant some veggies in. He really got into it. He even made his own water-catching system. He was especially excited when the fruits of his labor began to mature so he could pick and eat!

Well, I caught his excitement and decided to try my hand at the box gardening. I found a good deal on a 3-tiered setup and bought two. Hubby and I put them together, bought almost 2 tons of compost for $40 to fill them with and began planting.

I still have lots to learn as I haven't had that great of a harvest from anything but the cucumbers. No yellow squash or zucchini at all. No butternut squash. A few baby butternut and two spaghetti squash. A couple of green peppers, quite a few snow peas and some lettuce. The tomatoes are finally coming on since I learned a trick of shaking the plants a bit so the pollen falls down in the blooms. This is necessary if you have blooms but no fruit. Who knew?!

I love that I can cut the lettuce and it comes back! And I love the variety I planted!
Credits list
Junque Journal 3 Kit by Vicki Robinson
My Life Story Template Set 01 by Vicki Robinson
Journal font: Arial Narrow
Tag font: Agestin
Lovely design for a page with several photos! I also liked the placement of the text in a semi-circle!

Gardens are hard work, but so worthwhile for those wonderful veggies. Good for you! I love your photos and the circular journaling.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 6
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename