Oscraps

Bloom Free.Anna Color Challen 7-7-22_Joan Robillard 600.jpg
Joansmor

Bloom Free.Anna Color Challen 7-7-22_Joan Robillard 600.jpg

Inspiration – I looked at the colors in this challenge and went into my Lightroom Catalog. I used the yellow label attribute to find pictures with yellow as the predominant color. Found a bunch of pictures of Brown-eyed Susans.

Start – Used Artsy Layered Template 263 I turned off several layers and moved the frames. And recolored a few layers. All adjustments were made after the transfers and photos were added.

Transfer – Lavaliere transfer 3 was laid on the right edge and added Artsy Transfer 1 on the left edge. After adding the photo to transfer 3 I used a brush to bring out more of the waterfalls and an eraser to smooth out one edge.

Photo – the main focal photo was added above transfer 3 and clipped to it using Layer>Create clipping mask. Two other photos were added to mask layers of the frames in the same manner.

Elements – I extracted three flowers from another photo that I had and placed them on the left edge of the photo to start a cluster. An Oscraps brown Ribbon from the Falling for you collaboration was put under the flowers as was the foliage for APP Hygge. Next, I added the white butterfly from APP Scenic to the top of the cluster and made two duplicates. One I placed at the bottom of the cluster and the other over the grass in the photo. For this one, I changed the color to yellow. Lastly, I added the word strip “Flourish and Grow” from APP Flourish over the cluster. I added a Drop Shadow Layer Style to the strip. I moved the strip to its own layer by right-clicking on the layer style icon and taping the Create layer. With the shadow on its own layer, I used the warp tool so that the paper appeared to pop off the page. I extracted another flower from one of the photos and moved it over the artsy transfer and changed the Blend Mode to soft light, reduced opacity to 80%, and added a drop shadow layer style.

Words I typed the words Bloom Free which I rasterized, added a stroke and drop shadow layer style. Then I typed a quick paragraph to put in the text box and moved it closed to the element cluster.
Beautiful and just lifts my mood on a cloudy day. Love that you included one that's the lighter, almost greenish, yellow.

I love these yellow flowers very much, a great composition, the butterflys are beautiful, a great page!!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Joansmor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename