Oscraps

Bested by a Bird Brain
zlemon

Bested by a Bird Brain

The latest update on my barn swallow babies.

Thanks for looking.
Credits list
Used APP Home.

The first day the babies appeared, I was so excited that I took lots & lots of photos much to the dismay of Mama bird. Mama was upset and sqawked at me all day. She had her revenge though, she had Papa build the nest up so high that I can’t see the babies until they grow big. Oh, I think this is a brand new Mama, because last year they didn't care one bit about the nest. It was so shabby that two babies fell out. I rescued the babies and returned them to the nest. But I put a pillow underneath the nest in case it happened again. All 5 survived and flew away.
Oh what a pity you can't see them anymore, I wonder how long it takes before they fly out

Oh what a pity you can't see them anymore, I wonder how long it takes before they fly out
They stay in the nest for 18-23 days. I'll see them when they grow bigger, it will get crowded in there with 5 babies. All I've seen this week is one small forked tail probably belonging to the 1st hatched.

I am sorry that you will have to wait for the babies to get bigger BUT too funny!
They really did some major renovating there with that addition.

Love the humorous title! Sorry that you can't watch their growth. Momma was an angry bird just protecting her little ones!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename