Well, I'm starting to use the beautiful artsy papers. These are my favourites, but earlier I had no enough courage to try to play with them (I had the fear, I'll worse them - they are so perfect in their original state)
1. an artsy paper was selected as the foundation of the page
2. to make the colors more richer a 'New smart object via copy' was created - its layer style is Soft Light
3. some artsy overlays and brushes were placed on the paper - the lace layer's blending mode is Darken (it makes an effect as if the lace would be under the branch - although the brach was a part of the paper)
4. the photo and some realistic stitches were placed
5. and as the final step the quote was placed
Thanks for looking!