Oscraps

BackInTime_Fotoinspired2Y_ksacry_1000.jpg
ksacry

BackInTime_Fotoinspired2Y_ksacry_1000.jpg

I had the new FotoInspired Templates 2Y, so I created this double page with some pictures I had taken on a private tour of Glenn Monnger’s Classic Car Collection on Bainbridge Island, WA. His "barn" garage is featured in a Car and Driver (2015) article about luxury garages.

Construction: I used FotoInspired Template Pack 2Y #1 and #3. I can’t seem to not customize templates. With these, I started with the #1 page on the right and made the two lower fotomasks into one single look for the Hot Rod neon photo. Then I moved the polaroid frame and made the double frame into one, moving it up. For the Packard Neon sign, I used various brushes to grunge it up a bit more. I added the yellow stitching and the red button from ArtPlay Metro Graffiti with Button Threadz No. 1 #2.
I used the #3 page on the left, flipped vertically. I made the double frame a single and moved it to the right, using the urban stitches from the #1 template. I added the red stitching and the green button from the Great Outdoors ValuePack No. 1.
After adding my photos, I then added the background ArtPlay Palette De Facto solid paper #4. To enhance the layout, I added ArtPlay Palette Getaway transfer #5 and Artsy Transfers Getaway #3 in various places.
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon and lacy
Love the photos of the old car/garage memorabilia. My husband could spend days there!

pretty page with retro accents! I love this mix of bright colors and black and white photos!

I love old cars, but I think maybe the neon signs get my attention even faster. Love the Texaco, and I've ridden in one of those old restored seafoam green bugs. Owned by a friend here in my town. The black and white is good for a break here and there.

Hmmm, I would like to own that old jukebox. It would give me a reason to visit vintage record stores (can't believe that some still exist) and find my favorites. Probably put it next to a vintage pinball machine and a vintage gumball machine.

Oh my...this is so bright and colorful! What a great use of these photos! My eye was totally drawn to the neon Mobil sign...and why did I remember that was the Mobil sign? Those memories deep in our brains...

I love your customization of the templates and your construction notes are wonderful. I'll be visiting this one again for tips. :)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename