Oscraps

Autumn Haiku
Jam-on-toast

Autumn Haiku

This is a photo I've been meaning to scrap for a couple of months now and I was browsing autumn-themed kits this morning when a name caught my eye - Autumn Equinox. It had just the right amount of mysticism in it so I clicked for details. I love Viva Artistry's wordart and this dreamy quote by John Bailey appealed to me. Now, I have never heard of John Bailey so... nautrally... I googled him... and learned that the quote is a haiku - or rather a good attempt that "captures the spirit of haiku but does not adhere to the traditional structure of haiku".... at least according to someone named Richard on a blog here. I have no idea what this means but it made me chuckle.... and somehow my page turned out to be exactly this type of haiku - a good attempt that captures the spirit of a different style - cleaner, artsier kind where less is more - but it still very much my own.

Blending: I used gradient tool to blend the top of the photo into the background. Then copied the photo and repeated the process to blend the bottom. Played with it a bit until I liked the way it looked. I used taped texture 6 (from Taped Textures 1 by Anna Aspnes ) to add those wrinkles under the quote in the lower right to create interest.
Credits list
Autumn Equinox by Viva Artistry
Taped Textures No1 by Anna Aspnes
I don't think I have ever used a gradient to blend a photo but now I think I want to try, TFS your process. The entire page is beautiful and a bit mysterious. The large photo and taped texture is wonderful!

fab large winter photo with a great reflection, thanks for joining the challenge

uisng gradients is my main way of blending photos - even with soft brush can not get it to blend as well as gradients

fab large winter photo with a great reflection, thanks for joining the challenge

uisng gradients is my main way of blending photos - even with soft brush can not get it to blend as well as gradients
agree... I love using gradients - to blend photos, edges, papers... even elements...

Thank you so much for explaining how you did the blending on this. This is a stunning page and I love the quotes that you used. Your photo is remarkable. Thanks for sharing all of this.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 4
Added by
Jam-on-toast
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename