Oscraps

Attitude of Gratitude Day 10 - A Challenge
vickyday

Attitude of Gratitude Day 10 - A Challenge

Beating the Computer at Qwirkle

Journaling reads: Qwirkle is a game I learned about from a friend I have known for many, many years. She posted a picture of her family playing it during a game night at church. She said it was a fun game that the whole family enjoyed. So I bought one since Mark and I enjoy playing games. And now I am trying to teach the game to my two dear friends, Ilene and Carolyn.

The object of the game is to, in scrabble form; connect a set of 6 blocks of the same shape in 6 different colors or a set of 6 blocks of the same color in 6 different shapes. You can see examples of both in the picture. When you complete a set you score a Qwirkle, or 12 points. Normally, each block you add/create a row/column with is 1 point each. If you add a block and it is included in, say a row and a column, then that block gets 2 points. So the object of the game is to score as many Qwirkles as you can. When you Qwirkle a row/ column, that row/column is complete and the only thing you can do is build another row/column off to the side of the Qwirkled row/column because you cannot have duplicate blocks in the same row/column.

I found the game online. Only thing is that you have to play against the computer. I don’t win many games playing with the computer. But the game shown in the picture is a game I won! And with a couple of blocks from my “hand” I was able to double-Qwirkle! And I did so not once, but twice! Each double-Qwirkle earned me at least 24 points, depending how many extra blocks were touching the blocks I added. I’m amazed at my accomplishment because I didn’t see either of the double-Qwirkles as I quite often miss the opportunity to Qwirkle a row/column!

It’s a fun game! You should try it before you buy it! 11/10/22
Credits list
Process:
I created the different colored square strips by using the Shape tool to create squares to clip the solid papers to, changing some of the colors to make them closer to the colors of the blocks in the game.
The Elf On The Shelf Page Kit plus FREE Alpha by Vero
The Elf On The Shelf Solid and Shabby Papers by Vero
The Elf On The Shelf Masks by Vero
Fonts are Arial Narrow and Aprillica Regular
Photo is mine
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Vero
There are no comments to display.

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by