Oscraps

Artsale-Vie_Succulent Garden
dwsewbiz

Artsale-Vie_Succulent Garden

The neighborhood of Rockridge in Oakland was full of craftsman houses with small but lovely and obviously lovingly tended gardens of succulents and water-wise plants. It was delightful to walk there. I even found Little Free Libraries just like in Portland.
This is one of the layouts I started while in Oakland and lost, and I think it turned out very different, but that's OK.
Credits list
Artplay Vie Collection **ON SALE** starting 8-25, including Life Word Art Mix 2
FotoInspired Template Pack 2T (LOVE these rounded-corner frames)
Scenic Layered Template Album 4
Fine Edge Frames No 2
Dark Green Solid paper is from ArtPlay Vie, blended into the Vie gray paper on the right.
Scenic Template page 19 used to blend the large photo of the succulent garden. Another copy of this photo is clipped to one of the FotoMasks of FotoInspired 2T page 7, creating the continuity of the path.
Additional photos clipped to the Frames and Masks of the Template (resized a bit). Embellishments and Word Art from the Vie Collection added, and a Fine Edge Frame added to the photo of Oz and I.
Thankful you have these photos. Just gorgeous and some lovely memories. And lots of yoga is my Rx for you. Because somebody needed drug money. I can't stop thinking about your loss.

These little free libraries are very popular here. Some of them are miniatures of the homes they stand in front of while others are creative reconstructions of famous landmarks. Beautiful garden and a great picture of you and Oz.

Thankful you have these photos. Just gorgeous and some lovely memories. And lots of yoga is my Rx for you. Because somebody needed drug money. I can't stop thinking about your loss.
Thanks for your thoughts...it was traumatic...been physically sick from the stress, but yes, yoga and mediation (and thankfully refilled prescriptions) and knowing my little boy needs me have all gotten me through. It is sad though, that these things happen.

My daughter lived on Santa Clara in Oakland and the succulent gardens were drool-worthy! I'm glad you have the trip photos to maybe blunt the edges of the robbery trauma at least a little, over time. So invasive. The expansiveness of this spread tells me you are bouncing back...hope I'm right!

My daughter lived on Santa Clara in Oakland and the succulent gardens were drool-worthy! I'm glad you have the trip photos to maybe blunt the edges of the robbery trauma at least a little, over time. So invasive. The expansiveness of this spread tells me you are bouncing back...hope I'm right!
Thank you, yes, I am feeling SO much better now that I have a laptop and my routine is restored. The photos were in the iCloud so no loss! My biggest current frustration is trying to get by with only reading glasses - estimate is another 3 weeks to replace all my glasses :-(

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename