Oscraps

Around the Bend
musicmom3

Around the Bend

This layout is about coming around the bend and seeing our new/old farmhouse sporting Heritage Red doors and a freshly painted porch—the kids' Mother's Day surprise. It's that memory I am trying to support with the spectacles.

This is a FotoInspired Template layout, and since I couldn't decide between two templates, I combined elements of both to document my photos. Mostly the layout is Template #8, but the circle frame (eventually replaced by the glasses) and the narrow label and stitching come from #10. I clipped tags from other Artplay Palettes (Luster, Narcissus) to both label shapes to texturize them and added further texture to both the labels and the background with a variety of brushes.

The richness of the background is achieved by duplicating background papers on various blend modes.
WOW! That is a transformation! Great job on the work and the layout. I like how you combined elements from different templates, and love that rustic wood background paper.

The wooden paper is the perfect choice for the bg of your photos of the Farm House transformation. Love your explanation of the glasses!!

Your page tells your story so perfectly! Love the before and after (and love red doors! I painted our doors red years ago in Cupertino, then couldn't do that in San Jose due to Homeowner's rules ;-) ). Agree the glasses are the perfect way to say, "this is what I saw!". Can't believe it only took 2 naps! (I'm an extraordinarily slow painter ;-) ).

Just the heritage red door! The farmhouse is coming along nicely. Clever use of the glasses.

i love the red door, gives the house even more charm than before. a beautiful place to live.

Oh my goodness, what a great surprise, it looks amazing and hats of to Emma and Jake for managing to keep it all a surprise! Fabulous use of the templates and all those little touches that make this such a great page!

What a transformation! Love the red door!! I love how you've creatively combined two templates to create your fabulous page!! Love it!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename