Oscraps

AnnaLift: White Dove of the Desert
zlemon

AnnaLift: White Dove of the Desert

Of course I had to do a lift of Marleen's amazing art. My fav photog & I went on a day trip to the White Dove of the Desert Mission outside of Tucson. The Mission San Xavier del Bac is a historic Spanish Catholic church located on the Tohono O’odham San Xavier Indian Reservation. It's the oldest European structure in the US. Unlike the other Spanish missions in Arizona, San Xavier is still actively run by Franciscans and continues to serve the Native community by which it was built.

It's a sight to behold. Filled with frescos and statues of saints and angel that appear to be flying, it is an architectural wonder. A must see if you're in the Tucson area.

I took tons of photos, so I will do more art later.

Used Anna's products.

Thanks for looking.
  • Love
Reactions: isDK and ksacry
Really cool - I love the framing, so striking! Looking forward to seeing more! It always astounds me that there are so many beautiful things in the country and the world that many (including myself) have never heard of! Thanks for sharing!

I striking black and white photo that gives it the "old" look. I like how it looks like one giant travel stamp.

Dramatic! Love the black and white contrast and masking! I, too, am looking forward to seeing some of the beautiful frescos. Thanks for the walk through a bit of history.

Has a very Hitchcockian vibe with the dark background and white architecture. An active mission ... I thought they were all simply pieces of history at this point in time. Interesting.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename