Oscraps

Anna Lift - My Papaw
lacy

Anna Lift - My Papaw

Journaling reads:
My paternal grandfather, Lewis Lacy (no middle name) we called him Papaw. He was a very handsome, dignified man. He grew up an orphan, taken in by a family named Moore in Iowa. Sadly, I never heard one story about his youth. He was an executive at an oil company, and he ran for Tulsa County Commissioner once, but lost. That’s all I remember about his professional life. But at family gatherings, he was a joyful man, always singing or whistling. He would put his apron on and was always ready to help the ladies in the kitchen. One thing I definitely remember was he better never hear us say ‘I got’ anything. He detested that phrase and would correct us every time, saying ‘it’s I have’. He had that beautiful, full head of white hair until his death in his 70’s.

I scanned the photos from my albums. I knew I had a picture of him in that apron I wanted to use along with the large professional photo by Cornelius Photography, Tulsa, 1961. When I scanned the large photo it had a blue tint around the edge, so I went with it, and I liked it.

I started with Brumal Solid Paper 4, then used Coolth Artsy Layered Template 283, removing some layers and one frame, transforming the other two small frames to better fit the small photos and filled the frame with black. I clipped the small photos (adj to B&W) to the frame mask and the large photo to 12x12 Page Fotoblendz with a slightly blue color overlay. I finished with MultiMedia Flower 11-1 (Ikigai APP), journaling and text years.
How nice to have these photos, especially the one with the apron. I like the blue!

What a wonderful family history page! Love the blues with those black & white photos.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename