Oscraps

anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-collection-homemade-diane-mandala.jpg
dwsewbiz

anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-collection-homemade-diane-mandala.jpg

Almost a year in the making, a "photo-shoot" of my crocheted mandala (this was a kit delivered in monthly installments - first time I ever did this - so I can take no credit for the colors or design, I just followed the instructions).
Two different photos of the afghan are blended with Paper FotoBlendz No. 1. On the right, additional copies of the photo in blended modes were used to brighten certain areas.
Crocheted element in ArtPlay Homemade was the perfect foundation for a cluster; I added some greenery and the kit booklet, stitched down.
I modified the title cluster from Homemade WordART Clusters No. 1 by removing and adding words (use the included font information!).
Lacy bits and Visual Triangles added. To complete the green visual triangle, I used the seeds from MultiMedia Homemade No. 1, adding a green Color adjustment layer in Hue mode.
This is an incredible achievement Diane, it's beautiful! I do love homemade things, they are always made with such love; I have never learned to crochet although both my girls do - I stick to knitting and even that has decreased lately, there just isn't enough time to get everything done Lol!

O wow, this is so beautiful. Was it a CAL, crochet along project? It turned out so beautiful. I've done something similar once, but I'm still working on it.
I really think you've outdone yourself, I really love it.
Beautiful documented too!!

Beautiful achievement! I made a couple quilts like that but had to pick the fabrics/colors before knowing the pattern, one was OK, one was NOT. Beautiful layout for your gorgeous afghan. Love the cluster and how you changed the title.

This is an incredible achievement Diane, it's beautiful! I do love homemade things, they are always made with such love; I have never learned to crochet although both my girls do - I stick to knitting and even that has decreased lately, there just isn't enough time to get everything done Lol!
Thank you! I just love to crochet (and sew and quilt and paint and macrame), but I do understand the time bit!

O wow, this is so beautiful. Was it a CAL, crochet along project? It turned out so beautiful. I've done something similar once, but I'm still working on it.
I really think you've outdone yourself, I really love it.
Beautiful documented too!!
It wasn't a CAL - just a kit with monthly shipments accompanied by the newest instruction video, which was necessary, as the written instructions were not as easy to understand. I was stalked by this kit on Instagram until I caved and bought it :) No regrets, it really turned out beautiful, and introduced me to many new crochet stitches and techniques. Thank you for your kind words!

I am swooning! This is amazing! Your room definitely tells your story. I fell down the same rabbit hole with an Instagram knit kit for an Antlers Beach Throw and now am in the home stretch...and it's yarn chicken with one of the colors. I'll be doing something made-up and asymmetrical at the end to approximate dimension, and, like you, I cannot wait to say the word "done." Your afghan is masterful and I'm loving your home space too!

I am swooning! This is amazing! Your room definitely tells your story. I fell down the same rabbit hole with an Instagram knit kit for an Antlers Beach Throw and now am in the home stretch...and it's yarn chicken with one of the colors. I'll be doing something made-up and asymmetrical at the end to approximate dimension, and, like you, I cannot wait to say the word "done." Your afghan is masterful and I'm loving your home space too!
Thanks! It's been a fun challenge adjusting to a 985 sq ft space after our 4300 sq ft house in Portland. Plus, I had to decide what to bring before I even knew where we would live. I might have brought more crafts and yarn than clothes :)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename