Oscraps

anna-aspnes-digital-art-project-2022-diane-PTA8-december15.jpg
dwsewbiz

anna-aspnes-digital-art-project-2022-diane-PTA8-december15.jpg

Not the best photos, but a very meaningful story; I'll include the journaling:
I thought it would be much harder, to just give away quilts. It’s been relatively easy to give to friends, Megan’s friends, and of course family, although I saturated family long ago. But when I saw this well-oiled machine of an organization and the good they are doing, I was glad that I had brought 6 quilts and not just 3. My 6 were a drop in the bucket of the day’s haul, and the 500 or so quilts and blankets they give away each month.
What startles me is that there is that much need. 500 babies, children or teens, foster kids, NICU babies, or just kids having difficulties, each month, and this is only in the Portland/Vancouver metro area. Before I left I vowed to myself to do more. I have no regrets giving these quits away.
Reactions: ksacry
What an amazing layout! Your journaling is so touching! You have such a kind heart to donate quilts that I know took you much time to make. This is a wonderful page to document your craft and to bring to light a need that needs met. Congratulations on being selected as Standing O 118

What an amazing layout! Your journaling is so touching! You have such a kind heart to donate quilts that I know took you much time to make. This is a wonderful page to document your craft and to bring to light a need that needs met. Congratulations on being selected a Standing O 118
Thank you so much!

Congratulations on the Standing O! Your generosity inspired me to look up the Linus Project and guess what? There's a chapter based two towns over. Right now they have 200 more blankets than recipients, but will be reaching out again in 2023. I liked what you said about "saturating" your family--that's me! I look forward to contributing to this project.

Wonderful page and journaling. As part of a school giving project my grandkids and I made quilts for babies at our local hospital. Congrats on the Standing O!

Congratulations on the Standing O! Your generosity inspired me to look up the Linus Project and guess what? There's a chapter based two towns over. Right now they have 200 more blankets than recipients, but will be reaching out again in 2023. I liked what you said about "saturating" your family--that's me! I look forward to contributing to this project.
I'm glad to be spreading Project Linus info! And glad to hear there are more blankets than need in your area. As you know, I have been extending my "family" to get quilts to good homes :)

Congratulations on the Standing O!
A wonderful project. You have also inspired me to look for a local chapter and see how I can contribute. Thank you for all you do to help take care of others.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename