Oscraps

anna-aspnes-digital-art-artplay-collection-Ordinaire-Spring.jpg
Joansmor

anna-aspnes-digital-art-artplay-collection-Ordinaire-Spring.jpg

Inspiration - I was inspired by a couple of the deconstructs at the aA Connect session this week and by a report done by a local weatherman about the difference between Meteorological and Astronomical spring.
Paper – Placed Solid Paper 3 above the background layer. I used the Polygonal Lasso Tool to cut of a corner. I flipped the corner piece and duplicated it. I selected the top piece and applied the gradient tool from the corner to the edge and applied an overlay blending mode and a drop shadow.
Frame/Mask – I placed the Framed Mask 6.4 on the page.
Photo – I attached my photo to the mask Layer using Layer>Create Clipping Mask, then I duplicated it and stretched it out so when I attached it to other layers the coloring matched the original photo, but you didn’t see any detail.
Transfers – I placed Artsy Transfer 5 under and above the focal photo. Then Paint overlay was placed under the photo extending to the lower left corner.
Elements – Used the gingham covered button like a covered snap on the overturned corner. Placed a couple of flowers from the Multimedia flowers and the foliage yellow flowers were all placed under the corner.
Title cluster – used a word transfer, the purple ribbon, lavender head, word strip and the wordart Around Here to make a title cluster.
Journal - Meteorological spring starts on March 1. This is what Meteorological spring looks like in Maine. On average we have 17 inches of snow in spring. Even when astronomical spring starts on the spring equinox, we can expect to see some snow.
Love the flipped corner, and your process explanation is excellent. Beautiful photo and layout!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Joansmor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename