Oscraps

anna-aspnes-digital-art-artplay-collection-Meraki-Moment.jpg
Joansmor

anna-aspnes-digital-art-artplay-collection-Meraki-Moment.jpg

Inspiration- I used my color labeling in my Lightroom Catalog looking for a blue picture to use with this collection and came across these pictures of my great grandnephew taken several years ago. This will be a surprise to many as I don’t do a lot of people pages.
Paper – Solid Paper3r was placed above the background layer. The neutral color allowed me to post any color pictures I wanted. And the pictures would be the star of the page.
Frames – I wanted at least three frames to tell the story of him spinning around the pole on the trampoline. So, I took the frames from Artsy Layered Template 218 and rotated to be Portrait photos.
Mask – I used Mask 3 placing them along side of the frames. I turned off the hipster layer because it would go over the face and erased part of the script layer for the same reason. I added a bit of purple to the texture layer using Edit>fill.
Photo – I attached the three action photos to the frame and the photo with the big smile to both masks using Layer>Create Clipping Mask. I had to adjust the mask to get all the face I wanted, and I wanted the same texture to the mask, so I used the clone tool to extend the mask. It saved me from having to play around with a brush and opacity.
Element – I added the paper heart to the right of the mask. I used Ctrl>U to change the heart to purple to match the t-shirt. Then I added two decorative brads for Oscraps Live Life to attach the frames to the page. I changed the blue to purple again using Ctrl>U.
Overlay - I placed Edge Overlay 2 in the lower left-corner. I used the warp tool on it and on the paper layer of the mask to make sure the two lines looked like the touched under the photo.
Transfer – I used transfer 4 Under the heart. I think I created a diagonal line with my art to create tension against the vertical lines of the frames.
Brushes – Used Brush 4 twice in the upper left and lower right at 40% opacity to add a little texture to the white space.
Title – Wordart Cluster 2 is used for the title.
Journal
Play is the work of the child. Maria Montessori
Clean up – make sure drop shadows are present when supposed to be and matching all the others. Fix any exposed straight edges of my photo(s). Colors work. Have white space. Spell check.
Lovely page! I love how the three framed photos show the action. The smiling child is blended beautifully.

I love this layout Joan, it's fantastic, a great blending and great photos in order, beautiful colors, I also love the quote!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Joansmor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename