Oscraps

anna-aspnes-digital-art-artplay-Aspera-collection-ksacry Fly
ksacry

anna-aspnes-digital-art-artplay-Aspera-collection-ksacry Fly

Text reads: The male Pileated Woodpecker is an infrequent visitor to my backyard. I rarely can get a photo because they fly off quickly. During the snow/ice period, we had before Christmas, a lot of birds needed to fuel up at my feeders. I kept my camera ready, just in case. This photo was shot through my glass door, so he wasn’t disturbed. December 22, 2022.

Construction: I started with ArtPlay Palette Aspera Artsy Paper #1. I placed the 12X12 Page FotoBlendz No 7 #1, resized it smaller to fit and clipped my photo to it. I brushed out areas on the left. I duplicated the photo, extracted the bird from the background and added a drop shadow. I duplicated the 12X12 Page FotoBlendz No 7 #1, placed it under the photo layers and filled with a cream color using blend mode Overlay to lighten the background.
I added ArtsyTransfers Glacial #1, flipped horizontally to the left side, turning off some layers.
I stamped white Snowflake Presets No 1 #1 on the background.
For the main cluster, I used the bird, foliage and twig elements from the ArtPlay Palette Aspera, Looped UrbanThreadz No 1 #9, red beads from MultiMedia Holiday No 8 and MultiMedia Stars No 2 #3.
For the right edge cluster, I used red beads from MultiMedia Holiday No 8, MultiMedia Stars No 2 #4 and Looped UrbanThreadz No 1 #10.
The Wood Word “fly” is from Life WordART Mix No 1. I changed the coloring by using a color fill on the lower layer and blend mode Multiply on a duplicated layer. Underneath, I blended Life WordART Mix No 1 Dictionary #1 using blend mode Multiply.
I added “away” in font is Euphorigenic.
Credits list
Snowflake Presets No 1 is on sale now for a limited time
Snowflake Presets No 1

The ArtPlay Aspera Collection with the bonus ArtsyTransfers will be on sale January 4th to January 11th at 9 am EST.
ArtPlay Aspera Collection
ArtPlay Palette Aspera
Life WordART Mix No 1
Looped UrbanThreadz No 1
MultiMedia Stars No 2

ArtsyTransfers Glacial
12X12 Page FotoBlendz No 7
MultiMedia Holiday No 8
Great photo!! I LOVE the little red dots forming a line with his red head! Fab use of the Wordart and palette!!

Great photo! We have a few around here that are destroying the siding on the house. But I love your page!

What a great capture - he really does look intent on his task!! Love the use of red to create a diagonal line of 3!

Good for you being prepared! Wonderful capture! The photo looks great against the deep blue background, which also is great for the cold weather.

What a beautiful bird and well done for your capture! I love the introduction of the tiny red berries to balance the red stripe on his head - great composition!

I would have sworn I commented on this already, probably just didn't click 'post'. Anyway, beautiful capture! And great blending into a winter scene.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename