Oscraps

Ambages Collection Blocked_Sunflowers
dwsewbiz

Ambages Collection Blocked_Sunflowers

If you attended or watched the 9/13 aA Connect session, and/or the 9/15 Twitch session (Free replay available on Twitch or YouTube), you'll see Anna deconstructing my "blocked" Self Portraits page and creating a couple of her own variations on this idea of using strong horizontal and vertical lines then softening them with organic elements.
I've done the same thing here, using a lot of papers, Artsy Kardz and MM documents as the foundation, then adding photos and organic elements.
This has been a wonderful summer of Oz and sunflowers :)
Credits list
ArtPlay Ambages Collection, including MultiMedia DOcuments 8
Artsy Kardz Ambages MultiPack
MultiMedia Documents 2
Sunkissed WordArt Mix No 1
Threadz and Stitching
Notice two solid papers form the background, with the hard line masked with MultiMedia Documents pieces.
About 5 different Artsy Kardz are placed (in jpeg form) with custom shadows added. Some of these are used as the basis for photos (eg upper left photo of sunflower in Overlay Mode, two in the middle used as "mattes" for photos, one on the far lower right combined with a piece of MM Documents to form an envelop seed pack, with another sunflower photo in Overlay Mode.
On the lower left is a Frame from the Ambages APP, with two photos clipped to the mask and some stitching to separate them.
Then just to add a jolt of contrasting line, I used an oval frame from Urban Threadz FotoBlendz Frames No 2.
To a little stamp from ArtPlay Home, I added a sunflower sketch made from yet another sunflower photo.
  • Love
Reactions: isDK and Marleen
This is just wonderful. How do you learn about Anna's Connect and Twitch? I'm not on Facebook, so is that why I'm missing it? Hmmm.

This is just wonderful. How do you learn about Anna's Connect and Twitch? I'm not on Facebook, so is that why I'm missing it? Hmmm.
You don't need to be on Facebook.
Here is a link to Anna's blog post where she provides the link to either Twitch or YouTube for the video inspiration for the Aubages collection. These are free.
The aA Connect sessions are announced in various ways - subscribing to newsletters is one of the best ways to get all the news.
And thank you! I really enjoyed making this page :)

This is so great! To combine the photos of your "sunshine" and the sun flowers is such a bright idea. Creates a really sunshiney 2 pager!

Every time I look he has grown, so cute, I love the great photos with sunflowers, a great page!

I love these pages, the sunflowers are bright and striking and those pics of you with baby Oz - gorgeous! I love seeing the two of you together!!

Love the parallel between Oz growing and the sunflowers growing.
Thank you for sharing your sunshine.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata