Oscraps

Africa Smiled
melscrap

Africa Smiled

A while ago, my mum asked me how I feel as an expat. Do I miss Africa, do I still feel African, do I still remember my heritage or have I assimilated completely into my new country? Do I even think about Africa still? I didn't have the words to answer her until I read this poem. It sums up what I feel so perfectly:

Africa smiled a little when you left. “We know you,” Africa said, “We have seen and watched you, we can learn to live without you, but we know we needn’t yet.” And Africa smiled a little when you left. “You cannot leave Africa,” Africa said. “It is always with you, there inside your head. Our rivers run in currents in the swirl of your thumbprints; our drumbeats counting out your pulse, our coastline, the silhouette of your soul.” So Africa smiled a little when you left. “We are in you,” Africa said. “You have not left us, yet.”
- Bridget Dore
Credits list
Lynne Anzelc's Safari AddOn
Wendyzine's Scraps'ACTION: Shadow It 3D
South African, Wild Nature, Courier New, MTF Doodle (fonts)
This is so moving, Mel. I adore your photo and blended page, but that poem moves me so very deeply. Thank you for sharing this.

An amazing page and poem!!! Thank you for using my kit to present it to us all, this is outstanding!! Congrats on your GSO!!

Layout information

Category
Challenge 6
Added by
melscrap
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename