Oscraps

Daily ooos: Thursday, March 30

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Who is ready for some coffee?
10187809.png

Remember how I was complaining about how cold it was yesterday? Guess what? It is colder today *and* it snowed overnight. :rollingpin1: Not a lot just enough to make me yell and grumble. It's covering the grass and is already melted off of the cars. But-- *still* :eek:
We need to get the Drama Queen Smilie back. I used that one all of the time. LOL!

I felt very uninspired all day, felt like I got nothing done. The highlight of my day was watching the iRobot try to make its way back home. The kids got it for me a couple of Christmases ago since they said all I did was vacuum. :vacuuming: pfft. (Sad to say they were right, vacuum and complain about dinners). We named it C-Sweepio and it's the dumbest Roomba ever. However, he *is* entertaining- we cheer for him when he *finally* docks himself in the charger. Which takes forever and in an extremely meandering way.
I tried working on my Garden Planner. I was hoping to do it digitally but I couldn't figure out a simple way to do it. I can do it in PS but I was hoping to not have to start from scratch. I have PDFs that would work but no way to edit them. I have Goodnotes Beta for Windows but I can't figure out if you can print them. I thought for sure that Google Drive would have a template or options but if there is, I couldn't find it.
Back to the drawing board!

I found the best yoga video for my neck- Yoga for Text Neck- on YouTube. It felt *wonderful* and really loosened my neck and shoulders. (Really wonderful. Like addictively good-wonderful. Look at me, being happy over some exercise video. So strange :giggle4:)

I am cleaning today but I have to put the corned beef in the crock pot for dinner before I head out. It's the first night Scott is planning on being home for dinner in weeks. I'll have a taste of it since I do like it. More than a taste will hurt my stomach since I only eat beef on very rare occasions. Although I wonder if that still happened when the meat is processed however corned beef is. Never mind, I can't think about meat anymore or I am going to vomit. I really should make the switch to being vegetarian. If I had more of a grocery budget I might and I do like chicken as long as there aren't any bones.
Ugh, there I go again. *feels queasy*

How about I shut up and ask you what your ToT is?
ToT - Temptations on Thursday - "I'm tempted to stay in bed all day..." "I'm tempted by Vicki's rawkin' new kit in the store..." etc.

My ToT is to drink another gallon of coffee. Not all at once, through the day would be a good plan.

Have a fab day, my friends!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:couchhide:

How do you put up with me? I read what I posted up there and seriously, how do you do it? I am much worse than C-Sweepio when it comes down to "meandering." Do you all cheer when I finally stop writing? :floorlaugh:

One last thing before I move on to personals:
Type a few words, then add the floor laugh smilie. Go back to the last word before the smile and start typing again.
Did that make you laugh as much as I did???

I'm thinking I might have had too much coffee already.

@vickyday The sweater pattern looks like it is going to be awesome when you are done, I cannot believe that you are so close to finishing it.

@taxed4ever How was the hike? The weather must have been perfect for it. yes, you will have the entire spring, summer, and autumn seasons to kayak. I bet the autumn will be especially pretty to be on the lake.

@bcgal00 Yikes, that would have been aggravating if you showed up for the dr appt and it was the wrong day. Is the office nearby?
Welcome to the arthritic neck and spine club! I feel soooooo old when I first get out of bed, I am all hunched over and shuffling along. Takes a while to get somewhat upright ;)

@Su_Sanne We had a woman who posted here from Bulgaria (we miss you @felis !!) and she used Google Translate. We were always able to figure out what everyone was saying. It's all good and there is no need to pay for a translation app. If you can't figure something out, I know that you will ask. :)
oooooh! I am very excited to look at your Gallery today! ♥♥♥
You would like the yoga video I was talking about before. Yoga For Text Neck | Yoga With Adriene. It really felt wonderful.

@Nonni F My house is the typical summer cabin that was converted into a regular house. You can see where the original owners added on stuff and they did most of the work themselves. When we bought it, we had light switches that went nowhere. The island that I was cleaning out last week was made from the checkout counter from the local A&P. It's a "quirky" house to be sure.
I think Scott has tampons or pads in his pack. We have pads kept by the first aid supplies in the house too. He knows how to use tourniquets and I hope that he never has to use them for anything but especially for gunshots. How do you use the cigarette pack on a wound?
And on that happy note,
:haveagoodday:

LSlycord

Good morning my friends. Oh @faerywings I love listening to you each and every day! It was cold here yesterday...cold being a high of 67°. Honestly it was a bit of a nice switch from the upper 80's we have had recently. Windows wide open all day and fresh air. It is going to hit 76° today and then back to the 80's tomorrow. My flowers are loving it!

Got a few new outfits for spring and summer to send back to the greats (2 nephews and a niece) in Iowa. It's still cold back there but not for long. Syd now has 5 weeks of school left...and 5 weeks plus 2 days until she leaves for Germany. And 12 weeks until she is back...but who is counting. ;)

Work is going well and life is settling in. I'll use tonight to get my CT work finished for the month. And that is my very uneventful life.

LSlycord

@faerywings would you mind dropping a link for that neck and shoulder video? Mine is always tight! And going back to a desk will aggravate it again.

Su_Sanne

How do you put up with me? I read what I posted up there and seriously, how do you do it? I am much worse than C-Sweepio when it comes down to "meandering." Do you all cheer when I finally stop writing? :floorlaugh:

Type a few words, then add the floor laugh smilie. Go back to the last word before the smile and start typing again.

@vickyday The sweater pattern looks like it is going to be awesome when you are done, I cannot believe that you are so close to finishing it.

@taxed4ever How was the hike? The weather must have been perfect for it. yes, you will have the entire spring, summer, and autumn seasons to kayak. I bet the autumn will be especially pretty to be on the lake.

@bcgal00 Yikes, that would have been aggravating if you showed up for the dr appt and it was the wrong day. Is the office nearby?
Welcome to the arthritic neck and spine club! I feel soooooo old when I first get out of bed, I am all hunched over and shuffling along. Takes a while to get somewhat upright ;)

@Su_Sanne We had a woman who posted here from Bulgaria (we miss you @felis !!) and she used Google Translate. We were always able to figure out what everyone was saying. It's all good and there is no need to pay for a translation app. If you can't figure something out, I know that you will ask. :)
You would like the yoga video I was talking about before. Yoga For Text Neck | Yoga With Adriene. It really felt wonderful.

@Nonni F My house is the typical summer cabin that was converted into a regular house. You can see where the original owners added on stuff and they did most of the work themselves. When we bought it, we had light switches that went nowhere. The island that I was cleaning out last week was made from the checkout counter from the local A&P. It's a "quirky" house to be sure.
I think Scott has tampons or pads in his pack. We have pads kept by the first aid supplies in the house too. He knows how to use tourniquets and I hope that he never has to use them for anything but especially for gunshots. How do you use the cigarette pack on a wound?
And on that happy note,
#thanks-2very much! I'll take a look and try it out. I've never done yoga, but I'm going to learn.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I am heading out for a photo drive to a nearby town (an hour away) to spend the day with a friend and see if we can spot any ducks and birds. We'll go for lunch and then I'll head back later this afternoon.

@faerywings Enjoy having S home for dinner tonight.

Gotta go, HAGD everyone.

Nonni F

@faerywings the plastic on the outside of the cigarette pack clings to a sucking chest wound.

More happy things when I get home from work!

PEACE

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

And on that happy note,
The sweater pattern is pretty easy. I made a few adjustments to it so I didn't have to do so many seams, however!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good evening!
I'm very late to the party today/night! I left early this morning to eat breakfast with my BFFs. After we got back to Ilene's we played Qwirkle the rest of the day. So, I got no knitting done today! But tomorrow is another day!
So hard to believe we are almost through 1/4 of this year already!
See you tomorrow!