Oscraps

What are you watching: 2023

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Did you see the latest 52 Inspirations 2023 no 08 Digital Scrapbook Templates Currently 01 ?
52-2023-08-connection-keeping-digiscrap-template.jpg

I love this kit and it also got me thinking to ask everyone:
What are you watching?

We are always looking for TV and movie recommendations and I assume most of you are too.
We have a really eclectic range of preferences - everything from the silly/ridiculous (What We Do In The Shadows, Cunk On Earth), to typical crime dramas (The NCIS's) to Sci-Fi (The Expanse).

Right now, we are watching/streaming:
Vikings Valhalla
The Last Kingdom
Pushing Daisies
Wednesday
Kaleidoscope
Them
The Expanse
Leverage: Redemption
Night Court reboot
Big Sky

What is on your list?

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I don't watch a lot of series. I don't have the time.
But in January I did watch Top of the Lake.
I love Elisabeth Moss. I think she is a great actor. I've watched the Handmaids Tale twice already.
Top of the Lake was awesome too!

And I watch The Last of Us, which I think is a very good series!

LSlycord

I can binge with the best of them. I watch a lot of junk but soon I'll be back to work full time and I'll need to be more careful with my time. Here's a list.

The Good Doctor
New Amsterdam (the series ended a few weeks ago but if you haven't seen it, you can find all of the old episodes)
Tournament of Champion on the Food Network
Next Level Chef
Emily in Paris
Blue Bloods
California Fire
Law and Order SVU
Law and Order Organized Crime
East New York
Yellowstone
Hell's Kitchen
Chicago One series (Fire, Med, PD) although they are getting a bit tired for me
Firefly Lane
Virgin River
Murders in the Building

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I must get that - thanks, Chris!! I haven't gotten that one yet.

We're almost through "A Million Little Things". It's been entertaining and it's a LONG series.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I love Elisabeth Moss. I think she is a great actor. I've watched the Handmaids Tale twice already.

And I watch The Last of Us, which I think is a very good series!
We recently finished the latest season of The Handmaid's Tale and The Last of Us is already on our List :)

LSlycord

I must get that - thanks, Chris!! I haven't gotten that one yet.

We're almost through "A Million Little Things". It's been entertaining and it's a LONG series.
We have watched A Million Little Things since it began. I will miss it when it ends.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We watched the 1st episode of Inside Man and I have to say that it is unsettling seeing David Tennant playing such a dark character. Love him as the Doctor and in Broadchurch but this character is creepy.

For sitcoms, we also love Abbott Elementary. So funny!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
OMG-- We are watching Cunk On Earth-- Literally laughing out loud. Lit'rally *said in Rob Lowe's Parks and Rec voice*
It's on Netflix and there are only 5 episodes. Why only 5?? I must have more!
Check it out if you like dry British humor and mockumentaries

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Olga, I really liked House. Have fun rewatching!

Has anyone started watching History of the World Part 2? My fam wants to watch it together . Unfortunately, it is hard to find a night when all 4 of us are home after dinner- usually only about 1 time a week. I am hoping that everyone will be here tonight

zanthia

CHEERY O
just started watching poker face - very good lots of columbo vibes from this. plus wehn i watched orange is the new black, natasha lyonne was one of my faves

zanthia

CHEERY O
We have watched A Million Little Things since it began. I will miss it when it ends.
i have watched it - think i may be a season or 2 behind. started watching because it was being compared to this is us. nothing like it - this is us is FAR superior. to me the show is jsut okay, not a must watch. will probably watch once final season is over.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
We watched the 1st episode of Inside Man and I have to say that it is unsettling seeing David Tennant playing such a dark character. Love him as the Doctor and in Broadchurch but this character is creepy.

For sitcoms, we also love Abbott Elementary. So funny!
Ah @faerywings are you not a Potterhead? He was pretty unsettling in the Harry Potter franchise. First I really knew of him so it was odd to see him as The Doctor!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Not Dead Yet, School Spirits, Ghosts, The Way Home, Fire Country, NCIS Hawaii, NCIS, CSI Vegas,

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ah @faerywings are you not a Potterhead? He was pretty unsettling in the Harry Potter franchise. First I really knew of him so it was odd to see him as The Doctor!
It's funny, actually, I am :D But for some reason, I never connected him as Death Eater like I did as the Doctor. Maybe from the sheer force of him as The Doctor? LOL!
I see a little bit of his irreverence whenever he says "Because I'm the ****** vicar!
1679569150152.png

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Not Dead Yet, School Spirits, Ghosts, The Way Home, Fire Country, NCIS Hawaii, NCIS, CSI Vegas,
What are Not Dead Yet and School Spirits about?

We watched the first episode of Lucky Hank last night. It's got potential.
We have been chatting about Alaska Daily in the Daily Ooos and everyone there is enjoying it.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
What are Not Dead Yet and School Spirits about?

We watched the first episode of Lucky Hank last night. It's got potential.
We have been chatting about Alaska Daily in the Daily Ooos and everyone there is enjoying it.

Not Dead Yet is about a journalist who left her job at a paper to move to London with her boyfriend. He dumps her and she moves back home and tries to get her job back. They only have the obituary section left. When she gets a new obit, the ghost of the person comes to her and helps her learn some lesson. I like it a lot.

School Spirits is about a girl who was murdered at school and she and other ghosts who died at school have to solve their death before they can move on.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We've watched the first three episodes of Succession. It's on one of the HBO channels, which is part of our Fubo app.

LSlycord

i have watched it - think i may be a season or 2 behind. started watching because it was being compared to this is us. nothing like it - this is us is FAR superior. to me the show is jsut okay, not a must watch. will probably watch once final season is over.
Totally agree that This Is Us is far superior. Was absolutely a favorite from the first episode to the last!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Susie- have you watched the UK version of Ghosts? It's on HBO Max IIRC. If you haven't, you will *love* it. We go back and forth about which one/which ghosts we prefer and they are both simply amazing. We laugh so hard - at first, I thought Robin was ridiculous and a bit annoying but now I think he is my favorite ghost ♥

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
I am streaming a couple of old series-Major Crimes and Murder She wrote. I am now becoming a huge Angela Lansbury fan (more than before) I do bingle watch Hallmark while I scrap. Mostly for noise-seen one movie, seen them all. My husbands favorite thing to say about those movies is successful girl from a big city, goes to a small town and falls in love with an apple picker, farmer, diner owner, Christmas tree farm owner and gives up her high paying job wo move! lol

Watching/watched Big Sky, East New York and any cop show!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Me and Urban are watching Biohackers on Netflix right now. Really good! We're also working on getting through Star Trek - the old one. Mainly it's nostalgia, it sure isn't cuz it's good LOL We take a couple of episodes from time to time, when we can't decide on what to watch.

I just bought The Americans on DVD (it's not on Netflix anymore). It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, and now I want Urban to see it.

I usually have a couple of series I watch on my own too (cuz U has no stamina at all when it comes to binge watching). Right now I'm watching Outlander, but to be honest ... I'm not sure if I'll finish it. Watched the 1st season & first episode of 2nd, I'm not really getting into it. Same thing happened with the books. I read the first book 2 times, but couldn't get through the 2nd.

Watching a lot of nonsense shows right now, guess my brain don't really want to engage? You know shows where they renovate houses for people or when they compete in cooking/baking. You sort of can look at it and leave the brain out of it.