Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, December 5

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Monday and Day 5 of the party! Today's game is one of my favorites-Day 5 - Show Me I GAME I love poking around the gallery, finding pages I had missed or favorites I get to see again. At least I get to do that since I am still sort of behind in scrapping. I finished 2 pages yesterday morning that I had been working on. I uploaded one of them that I thought was done and realized right before I hit Submit that I have no drop shadows. Talk about a "flat" page. It was weeeeeird!
I went back, added the shadows and it looked much better.

I did some baking and cleaning and online food shopping. Then I did some online Christmas shopping for me and for my mom. My parents are in their non-stop bickering mode. :rolleyes: Worse than their usual. They get so aggravated with each other that everything they say/do makes the other person more aggravated. I'm stupid because every time I suggest to my mom to "let it go" she thinks I am taking his side (I'm not taking sides!! Ahhh!). All I am trying to do is shortcircuit the loop they are in. pffffft.

Today is more of the same- baking/cleaning/paying some bills/prepping for in-person shopping tomorrow. It is that time of year when at the end of the day, I feel like a did a gazillion things and finished nothing :p
Who's with me on that?

hugs!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Oh, no! Chris is awake. That means the time has run like crazy, and I'm waaaaaaaaaaaay behind.

Usually I have done ton of stuff before that lazy fairy crawls out of bed. LOL

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord The Same Photo Challenge really blew me away too. So many totally different ways to scrap that one photo. Everyone here is so amazingly creative. I am more than a little jealous :D
Did you go to the Light show with Shaun? I wouldn't mind walking around in 70* weather. Scott led a 7-mile hike yesterday and it was in the 20s. He came home on his lunch break and he smelled like cold forest air.
I don't get any joy from cooking dinners either. LMK if you come up with anything fun/interesting/easy to cook.

@tanteva I loooove that sweater! It looks super cozy, I bet the colors you picked will look awesome. I hope that you don't go through the whole thing only to unravel it.
Hope that the sun stays out a few more days for you

@BrightEyes that's chilly and damp weather you have, it's no wonder your back is still unhappy. Although I can tell your tummy was satisfied-- your dinner sounds delish! Dessert- even better. :D

@bcgal00 How is Taz doing, he still moving a bit slower? He doesn't like the cold as much as Remi, right?
What a cute tabletop decoration you bought-- I think that sounds very cheery for the foyer.
OMG, that is $$$$$ for a turkey! I wish you lived in NJ, I could get you a free one from the FP and mail it to you cheaper than that. Of course, if you lived in NJ, I would drive it to you, also cheaper than that :D

@Cherylndesigns I bet it feels darker and gloomier after being in FL for a few weeks. I wish there was some way to bottle up the sunlight.
Oh wow, that's crazy that Chuck would sleep-eat like that. I would be terrified to find any of my family sleepwalking/eating.
When I did in-person food shopping I would truck myself up and down every aisle whether I need to or not to get steps in, now I am a lazy blob. LOL

@vickyday thanks you for the knitting video! I saved it on YouTube

I better get over to the Gallery and leave some love before I have to sign off for awhile

xoxox

LSlycord

Good morning! It's warm and bright here...well not exactly warm but I don't mind 64* at all and it's bright. We are still getting 10 hours and 18 minutes of sunlight. I don't like that the days aren't longer in the summer but in the winter it is nice. I should have been a snowbird. Living in Florida in the winter and up north in the summer.

I made tenderloins for supper last night. Today I'm going to get some baking done...do I say that every day? For real, today is the day that I'm at least going to get started. I'm also going to get the gifts wrapped...and take inventory to decide if there is anything else that I really need to get.

I think that I'm going to save the frozen meal prep for when Sydney gets home. Then we can do something together and, at the same time, get her something for her freezer for when she is back to school. She only has 13 hours next semester but these classes are terrible. Organic chemistry, physics 2, statics (something involving physics and engineering that deals with forces involved with objects...I looked it up) and thermodynamics. I'm telling you that I would need more than o_Osome pre-made meals if I was taking those courses.

Don't know what else might be on the to do list today. My goal is to feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day...no matter what I do or don't get done. Grabbing another coffee before I come back for personals.

LSlycord

Good morning! It's warm and bright here...well not exactly warm but I don't mind 64* at all and it's bright. We are still getting 10 hours and 18 minutes of sunlight. I don't like that the days aren't longer in the summer but in the winter it is nice. I should have been a snowbird. Living in Florida in the winter and up north in the summer.

I made tenderloins for supper last night. Today I'm going to get some baking done...do I say that every day? For real, today is the day that I'm at least going to get started. I'm also going to get the gifts wrapped...and take inventory to decide if there is anything else that I really need to get.

I think that I'm going to save the frozen meal prep for when Sydney gets home. Then we can do something together and, at the same time, get her something for her freezer for when she is back to school. She only has 13 hours next semester but these classes are terrible. Organic chemistry, physics 2, statics (something involving physics and engineering that deals with forces involved with objects...I looked it up) and thermodynamics. I'm telling you that I would need more than o_Osome pre-made meals if I was taking those courses.

Don't know what else might be on the to do list today. My goal is to feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day...no matter what I do or don't get done. Grabbing another coffee before I come back for personals.
Wow!
#cry
Had to check. Today's numbers:
Sun up 8:53 am
Sun down 2:49 pm
Oh my goodness Eva! I don't think that I could stand it. My house would need to have several daylight lamps in each room. I am totally in awe!

LSlycord

@faerywings we didn't make it to see the lights last night. I forgot that there was football and Yellowstone on at our house. Some evening this week...maybe we can get down there early enough that we can stop in at our favorite restaurant for an early dinner...and that means I won't need to cook. Oh my...I sure can't imagine a hike of that length in that cold...but I'm sure that Scott loves sharing his knowledge of the outdoors with others.

@tanteva again, you deserve the crown for the lack of daylight! I'm anxious to see your sweater! And yes, I would need that snow too!

@BrightEyes your enchiladas sound so yummy! I remember a layout you made once from making enchiladas and they sounded so delicious!

@bcgal00 I don't even feel like I have any right to complain about food prices when I hear that you are paying $45 for a turkey. Oh my...and that cold. It makes my bones hurt to think about it! The Home is My Happy Place sounds really cute!

@Cherylndesigns way to go on the step count...the wonders of Walmart! Good idea to have a trunk for all of your Christmas decorations...it's always fun to go through them each year.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Monday and Day 5 of the party! Today's game is one of my favorites-Day 5 - Show Me I GAME I love poking around the gallery, finding pages I had missed or favorites I get to see again. At least I get to do that since I am still sort of behind in scrapping. I finished 2 pages yesterday morning that I had been working on. I uploaded one of them that I thought was done and realized right before I hit Submit that I have no drop shadows. Talk about a "flat" page. It was weeeeeird!
I went back, added the shadows and it looked much better.

I did some baking and cleaning and online food shopping. Then I did some online Christmas shopping for me and for my mom. My parents are in their non-stop bickering mode. :rolleyes: Worse than their usual. They get so aggravated with each other that everything they say/do makes the other person more aggravated. I'm stupid because every time I suggest to my mom to "let it go" she thinks I am taking his side (I'm not taking sides!! Ahhh!). All I am trying to do is shortcircuit the loop they are in. pffffft.

Today is more of the same- baking/cleaning/paying some bills/prepping for in-person shopping tomorrow. It is that time of year when at the end of the day, I feel like a did a gazillion things and finished nothing :p
Who's with me on that?

hugs!
TOTALLY there with you, Chris!
My mom and dad got on each other's nerves after my dad retired and was home all of the time. Mom was the busy bee.....up at the crack of dawn, always cleaning her "dirty" house (she would DIE if she saw the dust on my furniture right now!), working in the garden, yada yada yada! Dad had "put his time in" so he enjoyed retirement in his recliner, in front of the TV, sleeping with a toothpick in his mouth, LOL! But, when push came to shove, and mom got Alzheimer's, dad was right there by her side helping and protecting her, even when he had to put her in the Alzheimer's unit of the nursing home. He was there every day to feed her lunch and supper, took afternoon naps next to her in that twin bed. It killed him, literally. He ended up dying 2 years before she did. They were married 50 years in December before he died the following March. He is my hero!
I said all of that to say this.....don't give up on them!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Yikes!!! Woke up to dense fog - can barely see the houses that are across the road!!! Can't remember when we ever had fog like this here. We had fog like this when I lived in San Diego and Corpus Christi but not here in Albuquerque. Glad I don't have to go anywhere.

#cry
Wow, Eva... I thought we had a short day when I lived on Long Island, New York - but you have that beat by a long shot!
Our numbers here today
Sunrise :)rolleyes:- foggy) 7 am - Sunset 4:54 pm = 9 hours and 54 minutes

I had a PJ day yesterday... spent most of the day relaxing and giving the back a rest. Thank heavens for the massager - it got a workout. Read off and on then watched "Starman" DVD (with Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen). I am on a movies nostalgia kick lately. :D Had enchiladas and guacamole for supper again last evening.

Waiting for the house to warm up so I can take my shower and get dressed. The hamper is full so need to think about doing the laundry. But, first... I need another cup of coffee.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

Oh, my! I cannot even imagine the studying your DD is going to be doing with those classes! I saw your tenderloin pic! Looked YUMMY! I wanted to invite myself for supper, LOL! I can't believe you still have that many hours of daylight! We have some church members that are snowbirds. They will be coming back sometime this week for a doctor's appt. and staying through Christmas, I believe! Everyone misses them terribly when they leave for their 6-month stay in FL.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
#cry
WOW! Eva, that IS depressing! So I had to check mine.......

7:17 AM
Tuesday, December 6, 2022 (EST)
Sunrise in Wallburg, NC
5:06 PM
Monday, December 5, 2022 (EST)
Sunset in Wallburg, NC

That means you have about 4 hours less sunlight than I do! OY VEY! I agree with Linda.....I would have to have lots of daylight lamps going!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Yikes!!! Woke up to dense fog - can barely see the houses that are across the road!!! Can't remember when we ever had fog like this here. We had fog like this when I lived in San Diego and Corpus Christi but not here in Albuquerque. Glad I don't have to go anywhere.

Wow, Eva... I thought we had a short day when I lived on Long Island, New York - but you have that beat by a long shot!
Our numbers here today
Sunrise :)rolleyes:- foggy) 7 am - Sunset 4:54 pm = 9 hours and 54 minutes

I had a PJ day yesterday... spent most of the day relaxing and giving the back a rest. Thank heavens for the massager - it got a workout. Read off and on then watched "Starman" DVD (with Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen). I am on a movies nostalgia kick lately. :D Had enchiladas and guacamole for supper again last evening.

Waiting for the house to warm up so I can take my shower and get dressed. The hamper is full so need to think about doing the laundry. But, first... I need another cup of coffee.
So glad to hear your back is doing better! Hope your arm is, too!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Trying to wake up while reading here and drinking my morning coffee before I head out to get some groceries. DH is requesting some of his favorites for the holidays.....cheese and sausage balls, a cheeseball, and a macaroni casserole. I use his mom's recipes I "inherited" when we got married. It's the least I can do! ;) But, I agree with Linda @LSlycord ..... I don't enjoy being in the kitchen like I used to! NOT AT ALL, actually! I could eat out ALL THE TIME, but can't, so for myself (and my IBS) I buy the Lean Cuisine type of frozen meals for my lunch. That may or may not last me all day. My stomach lets me know if it can handle more food than that or not! IBS is a NUISANCE!!!!! It is what it is, LOL!

So, I'm having a hard time getting motivated to work on the baby blanket I started. I did start one of the hat pattern Eva shared. I only have a few rows knitted so far. Need to get groceries and do some CT work before I think about getting into the knitting again today.

That's it for my Monday. Pretty cold but sunny here today. Not sure how much warmer it will get. Doesn't matter.

Have a great day!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Went on a two hour hike with Remi yesterday and she had a blast. Today we'll go back again with Bella and Jen but only for a shorter hike as the temps are very cold, 14 F. It'll be fun to get some photos of the pups running around. Taz will stay home, as a senior dog it is too cold for him to go out hiking.

Yesterday I got a few photos of the eagles but with the snowfall it wasn't possible to take many photos b/c of limited visibility. I know where to find them now so will go back on a warmer, clear day.

@faerywings I know it must be hard to hear the bickering of your parents but nothing you can do about it except tune it out. That's funny about forgetting to add in your shadows. Sure makes a different, eh? LOL. I wish I lived closer to you :) Wouldn't that be fun!

@LSlycord Hope you get your baking done today. I keep saying that about muffins, they aren't that hard to make but for some reason, each day goes by and they didn't get made LOL. Maybe today??? BTW, you mentioned me paying $45 for a turkey, nope, that was $75 for a small turkey. Crazy prices here. They are saying food is going up another 9% or more next year.

@vickyday Your parents had a long marriage and it warms my heart to hear how your dad stepped up when needed in the final years with your mom. Food-wise, I too don't enjoy being in the kitchen anymore. My years of cooking have worn me down, I want fast and easy now.

@BrightEyes Yum, enchiladas and guac. I've been craving a mexican meal lately. PJ days are so relaxing. Glad you had a good day.

I'm going to go get dressed, grab another coffee and relax for a bit before heading out with Jen and the dogs for some exercise. Then home to pay bills, do some house chores and maybe scrap later. HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Gppd afternoon all. I haven't even gotten dressed today, but again, you can hardly tell because I sleep in leggings and a T-shirt then put on a zip up hoodie when I get up. Haha Alyssa and her girlfriend came down yesterday and I looked like I was dressed - "my day pajamas" (not really) but I got by. I actually look pretty coordinated for wearing what I slept in. I think I'm going to be a slob today.

We went to Adrienne's last night for dinner - she made fajitas and they were danged good. We got in the closet and got some of my stuff out but she had two trees in boxes and the attic was freezing and we didn't feel like dealing with it last night. She said she'd make Braden drag them both out today and we'd try to figure out which one was ours. I thought we had ours marked. You should see her new fake tree - 15 feet, pre-lit - it's gorgeous!!! They had a live tree last year (per Roger's request) and she said never again. They also hired a guy to come put lights all over the front of their house while I was gone. I told her that I wanted to hire him next year - our house is so much smaller, so it shouldn't be a lot, but I'd love to have lights all up and down the peak in the front, as well as along the porch and around the front door and window. Ahhhhhhh, next year.

I have them wrapped around the post, they've been up all summer, but they finally died. I brought home a box of lights last night, so maybe I can sweet talk Chuck into helping me put some new ones on the post. They look so pretty at night. Casey hung them along the edge of the porch, but she used the stick-on hangers and they fell down. I need to put cup hooks up there to hold lights up.

Chris @faerywings I have an idea for your parents. It just came into my head. I did this, because after being married for so many years, you DO start to get on each other's nerves. We had this photograph of us professionally taken when we were young and in love and I hung it in a prominent place (after all these years). Now, every time i get aggravated, I look at that picture and try to manifest the feelings we used to have for each other. I've also got a LO that I had put on canvas - again we were young and in love - it's one of my favorite pictures of Chuck. I can just turn my head and look at it. It's hanging right beside my desk.

I'm going to head for the forum too. I did two layouts for pre-release - finished one last night and didn't get the other one finished until a few minutes ago. I love how well the event is going. I've also been trying to do a layout a day using Gather but I'm not sure I'll make it to the end - I'm running out of ideas for just one kit.

XOXO

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Don't you just love it when you slept really bad (and too little) but you think it's no big deal cuz you just plan to sit in the sofa, knit and watch TV. Then you get a call from work saying "can you come in today and work?".

So now I will take the 9.45 bus to Mora and won't be home until 7.15ish tonight. I won't be doing any scrapping today. LOL