Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, September 26

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Monday!

I am still feeling somewhat asleep but I think it is more from eating junk food and sweets non-stop since Wednesday rather than lack of sleep. My mom brought up donuts and an almond danish yesterday and we still have cake and cookies left over from Caitlyn's b-day. I *have* to cut back or I am not going to fit into the skirt I bought for the engagement party. As it is, I am borrowing Cait's Spanx ;)

Breakfast was loud and fun and made this mama happy. My mom is looking so much better. My dad- he is looking very tired. Still losing weight too. It sounds like they both had a nice time upstate NY for his fishing trip. And of course, he fell in. hehe. Thankfully, it was as they were getting ready to leave so even though he was cold and wet it wasn't for as long as it could have been. He has tons of "fishermen's tales," hooking himself in the forehead, falling in, guess that is what happens when you fish for 70 years.

Between you all talking about old photos and scanning and then looking at the old scrapbook of Dani and Caitlyn, I decided to go through some of my photo boxes yesterday afternoon. A few years ago, I went through a stage where I was organizing them very carefully, dating them and trying to separate them by events and all that. After a while. I still had a bunch of ones I couldn't figure out so I dumped them into a box along with other old ones from before I had the kids. I found some pictures that were really funny, me and my very big 80s hair.
I am going to work on them a little more today and see if I can order some more photo storage boxes on Amazon if I can find some inexpensive ones.
Once I have them a little more sorted aI am going to scan some too. Who wants to see me with big hair? LOL

Have a fantastic day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord How are you and the family today? Hanging in?? I am relieved for your sake that you decided to not go back to work at this point in time. You have your hands(and mind) full enough as it is.
How crazy was it at Walmart trying to get water? Do Floridians go for the milk/eggs/bread like NJ-ians do before snow storms?
Sending good thoughts to Shaun, once it is over, it will be a relief to have the cyst gone. Try ni to stress (hahahah) too much if you can ♥
Any update on Andie?
NJ got rid of most of our traffic circles, thank goodness! I ended up in one on the way home from the shore, I saw the traffic sign and panicked but it wasn't too bad, I only needed to stay in the right lane and take the first "exit" -- Not sure if I would have been as good in there w/o GPS!

@Cherylndesigns I know, it got so cold so fast here. It has warmed a bit, it is in the 50s and 60's this week but even that is better than 40s!
Your kitchen towels sound cute! I love that you have ones "just for looks"-- the guys must think you are bonkers for that.
The window/wreath sounds gorgeous!! I remember the one you got last year
Good thoughts to Steph that she is safe and dry and keeps her power this week

@bcgal00 I can't remember, your new lens did come in last week, right? Did you use that on your walk yesterday? Do you love it??
I am really glad that you are feeling better energy-wise-- thinking of you this week
xo

20044568.png

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Yes we want to see 80s hair!

Been busy all morning preparing food. Have a crazy work week ahead and need to be prepared. (Especially since I completely lost it this weekend and probably ate a year's worth of WW points.) Also need to rethink my meal planning a bit, both for health reasons as financial.

Happy I wasn't working today, so that I could focus on cooking. Working 9.45 to 6 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday plus 10.30 to 3 on Saturday. Thursday's off .... but then I need to prepare food for the rest of the week. LOL And probably laundry, cuz there wasn't enough laundry today to fill up the machine. (Not using it unless the machine is full! Electricity is craaaazy expensive.)

Feels like all I'm doing these days are worrying about money. I'm so happy I get to work. And that I have a work I love to do!

Now I've earned some coffee, some knitting & some TV before it's time to .... COOK! LOL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Had a nice wkend with my oldest daughter visiting and we got out for a few hikes together. I did a harder hike on Saturday than I normally do and it felt so good to complete it. I still struggle with uphill a bit but it is definitely getting better. Last night we watched the Big Brother finale and had loaded nachos for dinner. I really enjoyed it but time to buckle down and stay away from the carbs. I feel good about my diet right now. Mostly keto/low carb with a few cheat days here and there.

This morning we are heading out for a drive to Barriere and Sun Peaks Resort. We'll stop for lunch somewhere. We're bringing the dogs so will find spots to let them out for bathroom breaks and playtime. Usually D doesn't come when I go exploring so it'll be fun to have him, Jen and all the dogs with me.

@faerywings Yes, I did get the new lens and am enjoying taking scenery shots with it. We have a few traffic circles here in Kamloops, I don't mind them. There were lots in Bellingham when we were going to our place over there.

Gotta go take dogs out, get coffee, shower and get ready to leave.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning, all. It was 46 here this am. But it's up to 70 now. I knew it got cold last night because the last time I let the cat in, his fur was cold. LOL We're having those major temp swings now.

Yes, Chris @faerywings the guys DO think we're bonkers and we are. Hahaha I went through a box of old pictures last night, too. I hadn't looked at this box for a while - it was one of the boxes I got from my parents. A lot of them were Polaroids (that was a bad period!) and they were so black that I couldn't see them. I pitched the ones I couldn't see. I didn't glean much from that box, unfortunately. Lots of yellow newspaper articles. But I did find a few goodies. Most of the good ones I already had scanned - from my stash.

Well, I'm worrying about my family in Ft Myers, as well as you, Linda @LSlycord and Cindy (Scribbler) lives there, too. The whole state is under State of Emergency now. We're watching the weather the whole time we're up. I SO remember the "pins and needles" days leading up to a hurricane. Yes, I'm sure places are out of water - they're been talking about that on TV - probably "staples" too. Chris, there's a "run" on staples like before a big snowstorm blows in. I remember those days, too. The shelves were bare.

I'd better go and take care of some business. I've been working on a couple of things and just a few days of this month left.

Hugs to all.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Monday!

I am still feeling somewhat asleep but I think it is more from eating junk food and sweets non-stop since Wednesday rather than lack of sleep. My mom brought up donuts and an almond danish yesterday and we still have cake and cookies left over from Caitlyn's b-day. I *have* to cut back or I am not going to fit into the skirt I bought for the engagement party. As it is, I am borrowing Cait's Spanx ;)

Breakfast was loud and fun and made this mama happy. My mom is looking so much better. My dad- he is looking very tired. Still losing weight too. It sounds like they both had a nice time upstate NY for his fishing trip. And of course, he fell in. hehe. Thankfully, it was as they were getting ready to leave so even though he was cold and wet it wasn't for as long as it could have been. He has tons of "fishermen's tales," hooking himself in the forehead, falling in, guess that is what happens when you fish for 70 years.

Between you all talking about old photos and scanning and then looking at the old scrapbook of Dani and Caitlyn, I decided to go through some of my photo boxes yesterday afternoon. A few years ago, I went through a stage where I was organizing them very carefully, dating them and trying to separate them by events and all that. After a while. I still had a bunch of ones I couldn't figure out so I dumped them into a box along with other old ones from before I had the kids. I found some pictures that were really funny, me and my very big 80s hair.
I am going to work on them a little more today and see if I can order some more photo storage boxes on Amazon if I can find some inexpensive ones.
Once I have them a little more sorted aI am going to scan some too. Who wants to see me with big hair? LOL

Have a fantastic day!
LOL, Chris! I remember the BIG hair days! I only had the big hair if my hair was not dried properly so that it frizzed like crazy! Curly hair does crazy things in humidity! My oldest child, DD#1, always had part of her bangs looking like they were exploding off the side of her head like a fire cracker! Her uncle would tease her mercilessly!

And, YUP! The scanning continues here! Who got me into this project, anyway?! ;) -----> :cool: :D

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon!
Well, I will have to go back and catch up from last week. I was down most of the week with an intestinal virus. I guess, technically, I was up AND down all week in the bathroom, LOL, if you get my drift! ;) So glad to be as back to normal as I can with IBS, LOL!

WOW! The weather sure cooled down quickly here, too! I think the AC has only run once in the last several days! I broke down and purchased some mums from Walmart. The garden center looked pretty pathetic! Like they have no one to really take care of the plants! I had to scrounge to find decent plants that had not already fully bloomed or died out!

I'm still scanning pictures. Every other stack of 200 I ask DH, "and whose idea was this anyway?!" OY VEY! I am finding some cool pictures, however! I found out some good information about the picture I did a page on and posted today. The lady was a total mystery until I did some digging on "Find a grave" site!

Anywho.......time to feed the dog. I'm surprised he isn't here staring me down! I'll try to catch up and may or may not make personal comments!

In any case, have a great afternoon!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Ran a couple of errands this morning so late getting in here. The big one was to get gas... found it for $3.35 gal!!! #clap
Most stations are at $3.69 - $3.79 so I am a happy camper. Tomorrow will be a busy day - getting my Covid Booster (#3) and will do a bit of shopping as long as I am at the grocery store. May stop at Burlington and maybe WM while I down in that area. Would love to find some decorated sweatshirt jackets. BTW, can't remember who asked about finding a good coffee now that Folgers and others are so expensive.... try the Good Value at WM. My Red Hat gals raved over the coffee at the last lunch and asked what brand it was. I was delighted with the favor, too.

I am really bummed... I bought a new watch at the Base Exchange but when I took it out of the package, I discovered the battery was dead!! Hate to make the drive back over there (30 miles 1 way) to take it back and exchange it for one with a good battery. I did an on-line search and found 5 of the books I wanted to add to my collections.... 3 from Christine Feehan and 2 from Kay Hooper. Got them ordered and they should be here over the next week or so. The library didn't have the Christine Feehan's books so they will be new reads; they did have the Kay Hooper's so I have read them. That brings my Kay Hooper collection up-to-date! So it has been a hit or miss on the new stuff lately.

Talked to Sis and turns out that the bus tour she is taking to here will only take them to the Balloon Fiesta Park for evening Balloon Glow one afternoon/evening; then early dawn patrol and mass assentation and lunch the next morning then back to Pecos (90 miles from here). So we won't be meeting up on this trip. She plans on coming for Thanksgiving - not sure how many days she will spend here then.

Keeping a weather eye on Ina and hoping all our members will be okay as it passes by them. Time for lunch. CYL