Oscraps

Object Selection Tool

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Finally moved from Photoshop 2021 to Photoshop 2022. I am in love with the Object Selection Tool. I've just played around with it but it is so good.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Finally moved from Photoshop 2021 to Photoshop 2022. I am in love with the Object Selection Tool. I've just played around with it but it is so good.
Yes, it works really well. I was surprised the first time I tried it.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Has anyone got PSE22? The artistic styles don't work for me. All I get is a brown box. It is supposed to work like deep dream generator on a smaller scale. I have asked in the Adobe community forum and find that it has happened to a number of people.
Anyone have an answer?

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Is that Photoshop 2022 or Photoshop Elements 2022??? I just saw a demo of PSE2022 that looked like it had that tool.
Kay - from the Select Menu in PSE 2022 (or in the Options Menu of one of the QuickSelection Tools) you'll find Select Subject. PSE will TRY to select what it thinks is the main object in your image. You can do some fine-tuning of your selection using the Refine Edge button, which also lets you output to a new layer with your selection masked - among other options. It's very useful as a starting point and very similar to the selection tools in Photoshop CC.

seslect-subject-pse2022.png

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I'm going to have to practice with that. Every time I try to use the Refine Edge tool at all I get all confused, lol. I just have to sit down and actually read how to use it instead of trying to figure it out through trial and error.