Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, May 27

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hello hello! How are you today?
Three days of Cait's isolation down, two more to go. Gary is now congested and he is upstairs with an N95. Scott has been testing daily since he has to go to work, and so far so good for him. My throat is still scratchy. The pollen is so out of control that it is hard to place what is what. I am waiting to test again on Saturday or Sunday. This is just bonkers. o_O

The biggest part of my day yesterday was finishing the centerpieces and I have to say they look really pretty! It took me a long time to do them and I had to confer with Cait over texting and photos. But worth it. I'll try to take a picture to show you.

The best part of my day was working on a new page for FS. I am having such a good time with that. I never considered myself to be creative but I kind of feel like I might be, just a bit *winks* I also started a page for Vicki R's Color Play kit and that is a really fun and snarky one.
Not much to do today, which means I should clean my house. It's going to rain all day so no yard work.

I'll shut up now. :D

Love you all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva How did you get that picture of me? I feel like that is about the size of wine glass I need.

@BrightEyes I was thinking about how early the roofers came and would your neighbors get mad at the noise, but I guess everyone understands that it is important to be on the roof as early as possible. It will be a relief to have it all done before your t-storm season starts.
How are the fires, staying far enough away if they are still going? I hope they are out.

@taxed4ever what a cuuuuuute card!! I love it!!
I am sorry that you were in a bad mood, I understand. But what a great feeling of getting lots done around the house as well as crafting/scrapping.
Thank you for understanding my crankiness.
How are Heather and the boys feeling today? Any better? it doesn't feel like it is ever going to end, does it? :(

@tanteva bleck!! soda/Pepsi!! No way! It's only coffee/wine/water for me.

@bcgal00 how wonderful to see the owls, do you hear them hooting? be happy they aren't screech owls, they are terrifying to hear in the middle of the night.
So happy that Remi is feeling better too

@Cherylndesigns I wish I could see my mom, I could use a hug. Not that I can give one to her... Caitlyn is symptomatic, and it mostly feels like a bad cold. Coughing/runny nose/sore throat. She only had a fever one day, thank goodness. The worst of it was that it set off her immune system and her face started to swell and the Zyrtec didn't help. She stopped seeing the allergist/immunologist last summer because the allergy shots weren't doing anything and they couldn't do anything else to help her. Usually, Zyrtec/Allegra combo will do the trick but not this time. Just her wacky immune system going into overdrive.
Gas prices here are awful too, I am glad that I don't have to drive every day.
Casey sounds like an absolutely doll!

@LSlycord Oh no, still all messed up on time zones? I can imagine that your brain would love to be back in Europe.
Your kids are awesome! You are a good mom to play Monopoly. That is one game that I just cannot deal with. LOL
Good luck with the house showings!!!!!

hugs!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Ok, I have to admit, part of me was happy to see that the colors of this month's Color Play was not my colors. My wallet jumped with joy - I've already tapped into my June allowance.

Then I saw Vicki R's kit. Can someone please stop her from making such wonderful kits? LOL

I still have 2 episodes left of my re-watching of season 3 of Stranger Things, and now season 4:1 is out there. Worst part is: Urban wants to jump in now, and see the finale of season 3 + the new season, and he's got absolutely NO stamina for binge watching. I think his personal record is 3 episodes in a row, but usually he only wants to see one or maybe two. Also, he only watches on Fridays and Saturdays, when he doesn't have to get up to work the next day. Also, we have 4 episodes left of a Swiss show we're watching on Netflix. I will not have seen season 4:1 of Stranger Things before season 4:2 starts in July. LOL

No major plans other than that. I should be doing some more decluttering, I've been a bit lazy with that lately. And I really should go through & clean my fridge and pantry. Probably won't - cuz it's the worst shore ever.

Dinner tonight will be spaghetti & some lentil sauce thingamajing for me & Urban, and bacon for the carnivore.

Made the layout I had on my to-do-list today (Lynn Grieveson's featured product challenge), see if I get any more done. Been thinking a lot again about my creativity. I get so caught up in the challenges. I think I really should start using the old stuff I have. I have some really great things, that I never use. Mainly cuz I have nowhere to post them. Which is weird - that's like I'm creating more for others than for myself. Remember Dido's kits??? Amazing stuff - and I never touch it. And the list goes on. I've limited myself this month to only be active on 3 sites, maybe that's too much even? But how do I get out of my head, the idea that everything I create must be posted somewhere? It's so stupid.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. I slept in until 7AM this morning. No need to get up early as they finished the roof repair yesterday afternoon!!! They had a crew of 3 so were able to get it all done before 4 PM! I must say, I was really impressed with the job they did. They removed the tiles around each of the pipes (about 4' square) and used a sealer paint (2 coats) before setting the tiles back in place and then add the new flashing around each pipe. They also cut and replaced the damaged plywood in the area over the guest room and put a sticky-back underlayment before replacing the wood strips and then put the titles back in place. They did a fantastic job on matching tiles so can't tell where the new tiles are. Cheryl, the noise wasn't bad at all as the tiles are not nailed down - they slide into place along the wood strips. And since it was just replacing damaged tiles they didn't have to have a large trash unit. The loudest noise was just when they cut the plywood to fit over the hole in the roof and that was around 9AM so shouldn't have bothered the neighbors. It is such a relief to have the roof fixed. I am waiting for the guy to come pick up the check for the repair today. Now I am praying that we get some rain. The smoke haze is back again this morning so won't be opening the house today. The fire in the Bosque is out so that is big relief. No homes were damaged from that one. But there are still 6 big fires still burning in the state.

DD#3 didn't make it over yesterday. Think they got hung up on getting the car repair done. But on the good news front - got a call back from another yard service and they will be out next week to give me a bid on the work. Thinking I may go with them as they have a crew of 3-4 to do the work. Couldn't reach the one yesterday (and he doesn't have a crew - just him) so not going to try to get him.

Yes, I am comfortable with the decision to not go see Top Gun II right now with the Covid numbers rising fast in the area. No point in taking the risk.

@taxed4ever Love that card!!! Fabulous job on it! Sorry you were without power for awhile but you sure put the time to good use. Are you having rolling blackouts in your area?? I just had a "Power Saver" box from the power company installed on the A/C. It will cut down on the A/C power during peak hours if the electric demand gets too high. That is suppose to help prevent black-outs if the demand gets too high. So glad my house is well-insulated. Haven't turned on the A/C yet even though we have been in the 90's already. Sorry you have been feeling angry and troubled... probably a good thing to not be around others when your mood is like that. Hope Heather and the boys don't have Covid.

@faerywings Sorry Cait is having other side-effects along with the Covid. <<<hugs for her>>> Glad you got the centerpieces for the party done. Hoping your Gary doesn't have Covid... and staying more isolated is probably a good thing for him to do.

@LSlycord Keeping fingers crossed that you get an offer soon. Know how hard it is to keep the house ready for a showing at a moment's notice.

@tanteva Yes, I agree... the Color Play kits are fantastic and I was LOL over Vicki Robinson's one! Need to get my LOs posted this morning. I spotted a couple more that I am drooling over so will be busy scraping today!

Need a coffee refill then get busy posting. CYL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning, Lovelies.

I'm just sitting here staring at the screen. LOL - I'm willing my fingers to move on the keys. Good news - it's beautiful today - finally. It's been raining and nasty for most of the week. My flowers and herbs are happy though. They're so beautiful and lush. My Zebra Grasses are getting huge - they were so small when I planted them last spring. I have a LO for Lilach in the gallery showing some of my gardens - you can see the Zebra Grasses in it.

I agree about this month's Color Play! I did 5 LOs with them. LOL

Chris @faerywings I'm sorry that Cait isn't doing very well - I'm sure her compromised immune system is the culprit - after you talked about it. Give her a hug from Auntie Cheryl. Yes, I really lucked out meeting Casey. She's a jewel! Hayden's mom actually used her and asked her if she'd clean for all of us. She usually does all 3 of our houses on the same day, but Adrienne asked her to come today because she hadn't put all her stuff away from her trip. We all "clean before she comes". Hahaha She told me that most of my babies needed to be harvested and I did that yesterday evening. Adrienne wanted some Cilantro - I gave her a whole bag of that. I cut the few Lavendar flowers that I had and my dill and catnip. Casey puts catnip in my tea mixture - it's a sedative for humans - an upper for cats. She just finished her schooling and got her "Herbalist Schooling Certification". She still needs to go through the process of getting certified with the American Herbalism Society, then she'll be legit.

Kay @BrightEyes sounds like you had a better time with your roof noise. They had to tear our whole roof off - and they threw every single tile crashing down into that trash thing. The tearing it off was the loudest part - I had NO idea how loud it was going to be. It took them several days to remove the old tiles and put the new ones on and what a mess! They had those hydraulic drills and all the equipment was SO loud!! It just went on and on. SO glad yours was more like a repair and how nice that your tiles just slid on or off. They demolished ours then threw all the pieces into the bin and all over our driveway. I yi yi yi

The girls and I are going out later on this afternoon and going to eat in town. There's the cutest new restaurant in there called Vidalia's like the onion. It's more like a cafe but good food. We want to celebrate the sun being out.

TGIF and hugs to all.

LSlycord

Oh @BrightEyes, I have had the Top Gun release weekend on my calendar for such a long time. I am trying not to get careless. I'm very grateful that we all made it home safely from our trip with no Covid. Can I tell you a secret? I'm almost as afraid of a mass shooting incident as I am of Covid. Crazy world we live in!! And, I'm so glad that they got your roof done yesterday! We all know that doesn't happen!

LSlycord

Oh @tanteva, your scrapping is so amazing! That's why you can't get it out of your head that you need to post at so many places. And while the spaghetti and lentils sound good...I'll take what the carnivore is having!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone and TGIF! Not that it means much anymore LOL everyday is the same day. It is Friday right?! Today is grocery shopping day. Not much else planned. I will probably go to the farm market to get my veggies that I need and pop into my fav craft store that is right next to the market. Tomorrow DH and I are going to hit Costco and stock up on meat etc. The freezer is looking a bit empty. I will go Micheals too and grab some T-Shirts and more card stock and perhaps a couple of other items. I really need to check my stash and see what I am getting low on. Yesterday I spent a bit time talking with Heather and the boys. Hunter was in the tub and showing me how he can spell his name and many other words with his bathtub crayons. He does really well with his spelling! Mason was busy dressing Poochie in crazy capes and blankets, poor dog LOL. Good thing Poochie loves Mason so much!! Heather is feeling better, not such a sore throat anymore, but now has runny nose and the boys are suffering with diarrhea, although that was getting better too. Hopefully they will be able to attend school next week. Hunter's teacher txt Heather to say that most of the kids in his class were out sick, so whatever this is (probably Covid) it has spread throughout the whole class. I did have fun playing with the new Colour Play goodies and will finish off a couple more pages today and get them posted.

@faerywings - Hope that your Gary is not sick with Covid, you have all been so good about being careful and it just sucks that it has hit your family at this time! I bet you are happy that the centre pieces are done and sounds like they turned out lovely! You will have to show us a photo! Yes you seem to be very creative with FS's products! I think you may have found your niche!

Ohh sorry but I have to go Heather and the boys are calling, hope to catch up with you all later!

LSlycord

@faerywings poor Cait! Isolation would be so hard. Especially coming off the high of graduation! I am so sorry she has to go through this! And you would have had so much more fun doing centerpieces if she had been right next to you. As far as Monopoly goes...I really don't like that game either. But Syd wanted to play and I would do almost anything to get those extra minutes with her...I was actually glad that the game drags on forever.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. A quick hello from me. I've been relaxing and watching morning news with hubs and playing with the dogs, going in and out into the yard. I'm hopping in the shower now and will do some house chores and might head out for a photo walk later before going to the dog park with the dogs. Busy but good day ahead.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Yay! I am back in action! I was haviing serious digi withdrawals. I am so in love with my new computer hubby designed for me. It is mega powerful. Not having a single problem with Windows 11 and finding PSE22 is pretty close to what I had before.
Colour me HAPPY#clap