Oscraps

Ready? Or not?

tjscraps

Do you feel like you're ready for Christmas, not ready or somewhere in between?

I feel wholly unprepared for Christmas this year, work has been insane for about a month (during our usual slow time), so I've been working extra hours, and hubby's been sick, so I've been more of the default parent than normal. I usually have all my baking done by now, this year I haven't even started that. I've got a few gifts, but nothing wrapped. At least the house is decorated??

What about you?

Caro

CHEERY O
Nothing yet. My daughter wants to put up the tree asap. We always go out for Christmas Eve/Day. Eve is always at my side of the family for tradition of tamales, pozole and capirotada. Day is having breakfast at my sister's and to open gifts, then afternoon is for Husband's side but my MIL is elderly and fell and broke her leg after Thanksgiving, hopefully we'll still get to see her and my husband's family even if it's not anything big this year.

easyeyes4you

On schedule with the outdoor lights... they went up on Dec 1... boxes of indoor decor waiting to be pulled out.. sounds like work to me!!! Have bought a few gifts... no idea what anyone is getting... not at all organized with that.. cards arrived a few days ago,, from Costco , no idea what the letter will say.. So I am sort of a mixed bag....!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
My shopping is done and about half wrapped, the tree is up and the front porch is almost done. I need to get lights for the front - hope to get them this weekend.

tjscraps

Oh I am so not ready! But still have 3 weeks, right? Asked in a nervous whisper.
This is what I keep telling myself ... I am off the full week before Christmas, so hoping I am ready enough to enjoy some down time that week too but I'll have time to get some stuff done!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Quick Update- I think I am farther along with being ready than I thought. I went to an actual B&M store yesterday and was happy with the stocking stuffers I picked up. They had a few Halloween items on Clearance and hoo boy, do I grab them when I can!

Caitlyn is finished with her classes on the 16th which is a week earlier than last year. I have to wait to do the *big* holiday baking until she can help. Last year we had to do it on the 21st or 22nd. I have one batch of cookies in the freezer - I do the simpler ones on my own.

The tree is up, Gary and Scott got the outside lights up, so Ihtink I can breathe a bit
I still have quite a few gifts to make so I cannot totally breathe but any little bit that I can is a plus :)

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Just a quick tip: if you feel you're not ready because you don't have the tree up yet: claim that you have Swedish heritage! In Sweden the tree isn't up & decorated until the evening of Dec 23 (we celebrate Christmas on the eve here in Sweden). Then it's up for 20 days - until Jan 13.

tjscraps

Just a quick tip: if you feel you're not ready because you don't have the tree up yet: claim that you have Swedish heritage! In Sweden the tree isn't up & decorated until the evening of Dec 23 (we celebrate Christmas on the eve here in Sweden). Then it's up for 20 days - until Jan 13.
I don't think I could wait that long, simply because that's a lot of work to have it up for so few days lol But then, my tree is down by end of day Dec 31 - my mom always said whatever your house looks like at midnight on new years is what it'll look like all year. So if it's cluttered or a mess that's how it'll be for the most part for the new year ... silly superstition, but I still clean up before midnight! lol!