Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, October 28

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yikes, only a few days left of October. I am going to be in total panic mode once it is November. I have been getting ideas rolling around in my head for gifts to make and buy, feels like I have been doing that for a while. At the same time, I am coming up empty. Big fat zeros. No ideas or at least, very few. This is, of course, coming from the person who can't decide what to make for dinners so it shouldn't be a surprise. heh

The tree is down and now we have 30 feet of oak that needs to get rolled away. The tree people cut it into circles and we are responsible for clearing it. Gary and Scott will cut some of it so we can use it next season in the fire pit but there's wayyyy more than we could ever use. We might put a notice up on FB for people to come and take it. I have no idea if we could/would charge them, I mean it is a lot of decent oak. I am almost wondering if it would make sense to rent a splitter and then sell it? It would be super awesome to make some of the money back. I dunno- this is all too much for my brain to handle this early.
I am always sad when trees come down but this also means that we are going to get a lot more southern sun on the house. Maybe it will be warmer in the winter. *fingers crossed*

I am picking up my grocery order this morning and then I might go and help Gary and Scott with the lighter branches outside. I got my F-W's order in last night so I have to unpack that and then get started messing around with making some coffee butter.

My goodness, I am so boring! How can you all stand reading this every day? Hahaha!!!

wishing everyone a fantabulous day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tjscraps Trina! Look at that Wonder Woman of yours, she is adorable! hehe, yes, take advantage of her not caring about her costume this year. How are you making your oldest costume? Pics, please! I am sorry. I cannot even think of Christmas movies. Between you and Rae (Christmas books) you all are gone give me a conniption! :eek:
I am in NJ, on the NYS border in the mountains. It's pretty but I miss the convenience of being 5 minutes away from everything. It takes forever to go anywhere. I shouldn't complain, it is probably easier than a lot of places, just more of an adjustment from where I grew up which was in the middle of everything. nb: I have lived up here for 26 years, not sure how much longer it is going to take to adjust
Is that -40 in C or F? And I guess it doesn't matter either way!! I also shouldn't complain about my shorter daylight hours, it will start getting light around 7am and be dark at 5pm. I don't think I could survive up where you are.

@Cherylndesigns You are very kind to think about the cleaners and want to help them. I guess t is easier for me because my one friend doesn't expect me to clean her entire house. I have my set routine of kitchen/bathrooms and floors and whatever time I have left, I will dust or vacuum some of the other rooms.
I am going to scroll down to see if you have a Halter Battle Update.
Congrats, you won!! hahaha! Wonderful news that you are healing so well- jealous of your strong bones, if I ever fall out of my chair my bones are gonna crumble into dust. be careful s you start doing stuff gaioan. No setbacks, k??

@bcgal00 MmMmmmmmm, your dinner and dessert sound so good, esp the sourdough. Good luck with the dental surgery!

@taxed4ever Yikes, it has to feel weird that your baby is going to be 40! Especially considering that *you* look like you are 40. No way that Jonah would get vaccinated so he could fly?
pfft. I don't understand... :(
You are the same as my parents and ILs were- we tried to get them the fun, less expensive stuff, they got the more expensive stuff and it really helped.

@felis I haven't blocked the glove yet. I am going to do the two of them at the same time. Maybe that will help
Enjoy walking and seeing all of the leaves, and yes be safe too

kay- So happy that you didn't get any rain or snow. Sometimes FB can be neat with the memories even though I really hate that site. have a wonderful visit with your niece!
ROTFLMBO- We have quite the collection of things saved up too- boots and braces and all that. I never throw any of that away- either it gets used again or ends up in a Halloween prop. We had a wheelchair when the kids were sick, and Gary cannibalized that a long time ago. It was old when we got it, so it wasn't safe to give to anyone after we used it. But it was perfect for the skeletons

@tanteva here's to the end of Gray October soon! But isn't Nov just as grey?? have a good day at work!
Give Marten some pets, Discord too

@nancyr Oh my goodness, another 5" of rain, I heard that my town got around three and a lot of it is in my basement :( I'm so relieved that you didn't get flooded like last month.
So funny that you were right near me on Sat. I won't tell you what all of the Cranky Pants people on FB say about the out-of-towners causing traffic on the roads. *huge eye roll*

Ugh, I am so behind schedule....
xo

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. I am apprehensive about the dental bridge work this afternoon. I am heading out later to stock up on soup and pudding. I don't think I'll be eating much for awhile. At least I won't be tempted by the Halloween candy on Sunday :)

I'm only working half a day so I won't be online as much this morning, wanting to get as much work done as possible before I head out. Have a great day everyone.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! Rain, Rain and more RAIN today. I will be heading out in it soon to pick up some eggs from the Hope Farm and get some milk for DH. I might venture out to the local craft store and see what is new there. I will be doing some more scrapping today. I actually got two layouts done yesterday and it felt good to be scrapping again! Not much else new here, like Chris said I don't know how you all can stand reading this LOL!!

@faerywings - Chris - my life is pretty boring too!! I seem to busy, but really its just everyday stuff :confused:. I think it would be a great idea to rent a wood splitter and sell the wood!! People around here are always looking for good fire wood! You would most likely make a nice little profit from it! It could be a family project to get all that wood split and piled up. We do it all the time at MIL and FIL's and its actually a lot of fun and a lot of work too though. Good luck picking up your grocery order, I hope you get everything on your list! I need to get my order in today also. It seems DH always runs out of milk right before I put in my order.

@bcgal00 - Ugh I don't envy you getting your bridge work done! I hate going to the Dentist especially when you have to have major work done! Get yourself some nice bone broth, its so good for you, but I am sure you already know that. Yes at least the candy won't be so much of a temptation this year! Sending you calming thoughts and hope it goes smoothly for you!

@nancyr - Yikes sounds like you are getting lots of the wet stuff too! The rain woke me up last night it was pouring so hard! Your Devils are doing really well this year, sorry they lost to the Flames, but you can't win them all can you?? Hope you are enjoying all the hockey being back to normal, so good to see!

@Cherylndesigns - So happy to hear that you got a good report from the dr.!! You must be so happy! No more falling out of your chair LOL. Yes the cold damp weather sure wreaks havoc with the arthritis! Glad you get to keep your halter!

@tanteva - Hope you are feeling less Octoberish LOL you crack me up!

Ok face time call coming in gotta go!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Got woke up just before 8AM by a political caller!!! Geeze!!! Cold this morning - 39*F. With the winds still blowing, it is downright like Winter outside. Need to go outside and move the folding table back next to the house... the winds last night moved it around so it is now about 6' from the house. A couple of the patio chairs tipped against and moved the table and umbrella + stand a couple of feet.

Was disappointed to get a message from my niece... she won't be coming. Had a problem with the slider on the RV so has to head back to the dealer in OK to get it repaired. Not sure if she will be going through here any time soon now.

Rae, hope that the dental work goes off without too much pain and stress. Glad you got stocked up on soup and soft foods to get you through until it is all healed.

Chris, glad the tree is down. It would be nice if you and the family could get a splitter and then sell the wood. But that is a lot of work.

Think I may make this a PJ day... not in the mood to do anything but snuggle under a warm throw and either read or watch a DVD. CYL

felis

Not much else new here, like Chris said I don't know how you all can stand reading this LOL!!
Trudy, How unusual that you said this exactly today. Just today I was thinking about that. I actually like these small talks for daily life, it makes me feel cozy and intimate. But I was noticed just recently that I have to listen more. In my culture when someone share something the other have to respond with 1.advice or 2.sharing the similar experience. It's a basis of communication here. But my foreigner friend made a remark to me, that for them better option is to not say anything but just nod and agree, as most people don't looking for opinion, just needs to complain and get validation on their feelings. I have to ponder this as its sounds so unusual for my and my knowage, but just because you can't understand something it's not make it nonsense. This is a huge, huge cultural difference. It's difficult for me to understand need of receiving only naked sympathy instead of support and ideas.
This farm is really good way for support!

Chris, I have fireplace and have to buy woods every year. Definitely charge people for that, price depends on how small the blocks/pieces are, I don't know the exact word. We buy directly sized for fireplace, but our friend prepare to cut them themselves. It's sad when wood die, but electricity that comes from water central damage rivers and kill fish, atom electricity left tons of toxic garbage, ect. It have very good documentary how every form of electricity is harmful for the nature and we just should use less, but I can't find it with subtitles.

Rae, I hope that the adaptation will not be very difficult for you! At least autumn is the best time for soups with all the possibilities from the current harvest!

Cheryl, this is awesome news! I'm happy to hear that you have lots of improvement. Really impressing how fast that happens!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon.

Rain, rain, rain here too. I think it's raining everywhere! We're expecting very high winds later today -we can hear it whistling around the house right now. We're up on a very high hill, though, so it comes straight up and at us.

Yes, I'm relieved with my appt yesterday! Chris @faerywings you always make me laugh about something. You falling out of a chair and your bones all breaking. You'd better not fall then, girl! Your life probably isn't any more boring than mine. At least you have kids there to do things for. I have Chuck and the pets. LOL Kay @BrightEyes it's really cold there! It's 48 F here and isn't supposed to let up all weekend. This rain - ICK! Trudy @taxed4ever you've got the rain, too. Makes one not want to leave one's house. LOL

Rae @bcgal00 good luck with your bridgework. I've had my share of dental work - I hate it! Glad you're stocked up on soup.

Eva @tanteva hope you're feeling better today. I'm about "Octobered out" too.

Felis @felis I agree about this being our "soft place to fall". There's a country song about that. I love that I always feel validated - even when I joke about my halter. LOL

I'm going to get busy and do some more scrapping. Finished a LO for a CT reveal tonight and have one more for a pre-release - heading over to verify the posting date. I think it's tomorrow. I love having layouts lined up to do. Makes me happy.

Hugs all around.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
@felis - I am so happy that you love to listen to our sometimes very boring days! I love that your culture listens intently and offers good advice or shares a similar experience! I try to do the same, but sometimes its just easier to nod and agree LOL.

@Cherylndesigns - I think that maybe its time for us to all start building that ARK!! Will the rain ever stop??? Have fun with your scrapping today!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Still very octoberry. Gray.

November usually it get's better cuz we (usually) get SNOW = not gray but bright white. But, I'm a bit worried. It's still rather warm & last year we didn't get any snow until mid December (IF I remember correctly).

Work was ok today. Just the right amount of people & work to do. Was smart enough to cook dinner for tonight yesterday. Perfect, just nuke it in the microwave when we got home.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@felis - I am so happy that you love to listen to our sometimes very boring days! I love that your culture listens intently and offers good advice or shares a similar experience! I try to do the same, but sometimes its just easier to nod and agree LOL.

@Cherylndesigns - I think that maybe its time for us to all start building that ARK!! Will the rain ever stop??? Have fun with your scrapping today!
Right? We have water clear up to our front door - it came in under the porch!