Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, September 16

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am so proud of myself-- the past 3 days, I have really focused on my To-Do list and I am happy to say that 95% of it has gotten crossed off. *pats self of the back*
Laundry got folded and put away, kitchen cleaned- including scrubbing the compost bucket, texted/called all of the people I needed to, started the menu for the party *and* I started to make the gnomes. I couldn't finish more of them because I needed to be able to see and breathe. I am using scraps of Cait's leftover fun fur from her perm Worms and hoo boy, that stuff gets airborne and makes a mess. When Cait makes her worms, she locks herself in her BR and does all of the cutting while in her underwear. After yesterday, I see why. I had orange and green fibers everywhere, up my nose and in my eyelashes. After making two of them, I needed a break. So far, they look pretty cute, They need a lot more work but at least I know I am on the right track. I am going to see what I can do to personalize them, maybe I can add name tags or something?

I have a lot more to do today and I hope that I can keep my streak going, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I was only sleeping for an hour or so when the rain woke me up. I mean-- wide awake and out of bed. It was raining so hard you couldn't see. Gary was in the bathroom, drying off and it looked like he had been standing in the shower fully clothed. He was moving the cars in the driveway and said it was raining a little bit. In a split second the rain came down in buckets and in the time it took him to walk 5 feet to the door, he was drenched. And that was before the lightning and thunder started. There were puddles of water on the window sill (it's a small bay window so there is about 1 foot of sill) and the rugs were soaked beyond them. It was bonkers. Then, I woke up at 4.30 and couldn't get back to sleep so I am running on fumes and caffeine today.

I am cleaning for my friend around lunchtime but I have to work on some of the gnomes if I can this morning. Although, thinking about it, I should wait. Scott and Leah are going camping and are leaving this morning for WV. They have all of their stuff stacked in the DR and if I even breathe on the fur, all of their bags will be covered in orange and green fluff.
*switches everything around in my mind*
I guess that works out because I have to rewash all of the stuff in the dishwasher. We were hoping that resetting the control panel would fix the issue again but it didn't. Which is going to suuuuuuuuuck when I have the party here next weekend. I started a scrap page last week and I am still working on it so I can play around with that too.

Yikes, my brain is mush. :D

I am sure I will think of more things to ramble on about as I go along.
Love and Hugs!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns Hope that your arm/clavicle are not hurting as much by now.

@nancyr I am so relieved that you are ok, the family is ok, and other than getting some water/shingles messed up that your house is ok. The woman I was talking to on the beach last week said that half of your town had been destroyed, it was even worse than the news was showing in some areas. I should be the one apologizing, not you since I think I am the one who was freaking everyone out. It has been 10 years since Irene? That means 11 since Sandy. I joke around about wanting to move down the shore but the way these storms keep coming - SMH, not a good idea.
How awesome to be at the wedding shower, it has to make things so much happier when you see the families blending together.
I had been wondering how DH was doing with in-person classes starting. Caitlyn is on campus for only one day, the rest of the internship/classes are remote. Ramapo has mask/vax requirements for being on-campus so that makes it a lot easier. Hope that Luther does OK adjusting to DH not being home.
The shore was simply wonderful- we finally had some good weather- at least for 2 out of three days *G*

@taxed4ever how was the hike? So happy that the sun was shining. I am sure that helped things warm up, hopefully not too much.
I think that would be a good start for your ILs, even just to get them more acclimated to the idea that help is available and *acceptable.* I know one of the things that BFFs dad needed was really bright lighting so he wouldn't bump into things as the peripheral vision went so it will be good to have someone there to make sure there are clear paths, nothing on the floor. I can't imagine that MIL is steady enough on her feet to do a lot of bending.
Good luck trying to find the veteran's family to return the medals. ITA, Jean would be good to help you.;)

@tanteva hope that today is stress-free while you are work - at home too, of course, but that none of the boss/co-worker issues bring you down.
That is weird but cool about getting the letter from your pen pal! If that envelope could talk, I wonder what it would say about all of the places it had been. Or what the bottom of the bag it was stuck in looked like. (Dark, Faery. It was *dark* in there.) I wonder if that means there is hope that the trilobites that Scott and Caitlyn ordered from Germany in March 2020 have a chance of getting here.
I hope that your other pen pals from Brazil and TX are well and that you hear from them too.

Kay- Oh noooooooooooooooo! *fingers crossed for a quick return*

@felis It is funny how Back to School still evokes that sense of a new beginning even when you are not part of the back to school community :)
The kids are doing a bit better, they have moments when the sadness gets to them. Sam and Ian were supposed to be going camping with Scott and Leah this weekend, they said they might still show up but it is a long trip to make for just a couple of days. Not to mention, I am sure that Sam's mom would be anxious for her to be driving 6 hours away. I know I am.
I will def. take some pictures of the gnomes.

Cheryl- That is great news about the pain lessening- but that does NOT mean that you can resume normal activity. haha I bet you are soooooooooooooooooo incredibly happy to have your house cleaned. I am still in shock over the price too.

Eva- so sorry that you didn't sleep well. I hope it wasn't because of work stress. Good luck getting through the day. Enjoy the dinner with your friend, I wish it was under better circumstances. The more, the moanier-- you should add that into your siggie *G*

@mywisecrafts So happy that you popped into our little corner of the O! make yourself comfy- we love to chat about things both serious and trivial. Feel free to jump right in
BTW- love your screen name, it's cheeky :p

@felis I love what you wrote to Esther!
I am taking it to heart that you said nothing us to boring to share- or I would have nothing to say hah

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
This thread is going to be fun!!! @felis @faerywings I am glad I found this forum!

Be forewarned I am in the perimenopause phase of life so I can go off in rants from time to time…:oops::rolleyes::) and then combine that with teaching my son how to drive….. I don’t know why the brake doesn’t work in the passenger side of the car….. and I’m needing more
Highlights to cover up my sparkle…. I’m blaming the sparkle on my kids…. And husband….:p

@faerywings glad you like my forum name…..I wanted to play off my last name (wisdom) and my smart alecky mouth…. :p

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oooooh, I do NOT envy you trying to teach your son how to drive! I taught both of my kids and I swear, I will never be the same
Cracked me up the one time recently my DD (23 next week) was in the passenger seat and I was driving and I guess she didn't think I had it under control. When she braked from the passenger seat, I had to give her a look-- see how easy it is to be a "passenger seat driver?" LOL

How old are your kids? My DS is 25 and my DD is 23 on the 21st. They both live at home and they are amazing people. I brag about them all of the time even as they and DH make me batty

Smart-alecky mouths are a *good* thing. Just look at @tanteva :D

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Oooooh, I do NOT envy you trying to teach your son how to drive! I taught both of my kids and I swear, I will never be the same
Cracked me up the one time recently my DD (23 next week) was in the passenger seat and I was driving and I guess she didn't think I had it under control. When she braked from the passenger seat, I had to give her a look-- see how easy it is to be a "passenger seat driver?" LOL

How old are your kids? My DS is 25 and my DD is 23 on the 21st. They both live at home and they are amazing people. I brag about them all of the time even as they and DH make me batty

Smart-alecky mouths are a *good* thing. Just look at @tanteva :D
I always said I wasn't teaching them.... my DH is a much better driver than me....but I'm better at staying calm under pressure.

I did have to give my son the the look the other day when he wasn't slowing down fast enough and he wanted to tell me he had it.... he quickly shut up when I asked how long has he been driving "20 hours" and when I told him I've been driving almost 30 years, he realized he wasn't going to win.... LOL.

Son will be 17 on the 21st and daughter is 12 going on 30.

nancyr

good day - I have started watching on Prime Video a show from Australia called McLeod's Daughters. It is another show staring strong women. Sisters who run a ranch. It is really fun watching. I am learning their slang. But it has sucked me in. There are 8 seasons and their seasons are like 30 episodes. I have continued my walks and I ran in to a lose dog and did my good do bee deed and got him to his owner. Saw two does and 3 fawns still with some spots. But the best is that the streets are mostly clear of Ida debris.

@faerywings Chris your party sounds like it is going to be fun! Glad that your to do list keeps getting done.

@tanteva Eva I loved having a penpal when I was in high school. It seems like something that should come back.

@taxed4ever Trudy so glad to read that your hikes have come back. Hope all goes well with the in-laws and their health

@Cherylndesigns Sorry to read you were in pain. I can say from having new knees - taking it slow is the best

@mywisecrafts Hi! I took some time off. But I love this site. They care and this forum is really fun! In my state it is kinda mandatory to have professionals start the driver's ed. It was not my favorite riding with him. He was always in a hurry. But thankfully he has learned to slow down. But the worst was teaching him to drive a stick shift car. He could do if but it never stuck so LOL. Any way good luck with yours. Oh yea bye the way my our in their 30s. Which makes me older LOL.

Waving to all
have a great day!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
good day - I have started watching on Prime Video a show from Australia called McLeod's Daughters. It is another show staring strong women. Sisters who run a ranch. It is really fun watching. I am learning their slang. But it has sucked me in. There are 8 seasons and their seasons are like 30 episodes. I have continued my walks and I ran in to a lose dog and did my good do bee deed and got him to his owner. Saw two does and 3 fawns still with some spots. But the best is that the streets are mostly clear of Ida debris.

@faerywings Chris your party sounds like it is going to be fun! Glad that your to do list keeps getting done.

@tanteva Eva I loved having a penpal when I was in high school. It seems like something that should come back.

@taxed4ever Trudy so glad to read that your hikes have come back. Hope all goes well with the in-laws and their health

@Cherylndesigns Sorry to read you were in pain. I can say from having new knees - taking it slow is the best

@mywisecrafts Hi! I took some time off. But I love this site. They care and this forum is really fun! In my state it is kinda mandatory to have professionals start the driver's ed. It was not my favorite riding with him. He was always in a hurry. But thankfully he has learned to slow down. But the worst was teaching him to drive a stick shift car. He could do if but it never stuck so LOL. Any way good luck with yours. Oh yea bye the way my our in their 30s. Which makes me older LOL.

Waving to all
have a great day!
Thanks so much, Nancy. It's a little better today. I've been in quite a bit of pain, but it's getting better.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello Lovelies.

I'm actually on my laptop!!! Today has been a marked improvement. I just sat on the couch with ice on my shoulder and the cat and dog both joined me. Now, I'm revived and felt like popping in. Thanks to everybody who have been asking about me. Insert lots of heart emojis.

Chris @faerywings I'm so proud of you too. Staying on task like that. ( Insert balloon hang emoji here ) How did your housecleaning go? Did I tell you how happy we were with our first cleaning yesterday? I can't remember. There were 3 of them and they were only here about an hour. They cleaned Adrienne's house first, then ours and while they were here, Ava stopped in and booked them for 2 weeks from now - after they clean ours.

Esther!! @mywisecrafts you're here girl!!! Nice to see your smiling face. Glad you found this forum - this is where the fun happens.

Hope everybody is having a good Thursday. I'll try to do more personals tomorrow. Hugs all around.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
TGIF….my kids are loving me today. I informed them when they get home from school we are having a house cleaning party…. I’m such a nice mom! :p

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!! I’ll be back later!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Ok. I was supposed to do a lot of stuff on the computer today. Catch up on forums & e-mails, upload a layout or 2, scrap some ... you know ... all the usual stuff.

BUT

I hate my effing sh*t piece of crap puter right now. Have no idea what's wrong. It took EIGHT minutes to just open the mail program and as soon as I hit the arrows to dld the mail ... the %/&#&%"¤ just crashed again. Chrome is slow too. Everything's lagging and acting strange. Not even gonna try and open PSE.

Will try and post that layout I made with Karen Schulz new kit. Let's all hope I survive that, and that I don't throw the puter out the window.

Will have to get Urban to sit down and see if he can figure out what the problem is.

Other than that ... No ... I have nothing else on my mind.

@mywisecrafts Will get to your question about protein once my mind has calmed down.

Oh, I have no idea what "smart-alecky" means, but if I have it - it's a good thing! Everything about me is good. That's a fact.