Oscraps

Daily Ooos: May 18-19: Weekend Edition

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
@faerywings I know you will have lots of fun with the family during "The BASH"!!!

@mimes1 LOL... another BTDT between us.... we lived in Virginia Beach for a few years! Is your Son-in-law in the Navy?? My hubby was in the Navy for 20 years and then 19 years as technical representative to the Navy with an aerospace company. I am very familiar with the long separations that comes with Navy cruises.

@vickyday Oh, that roast sounds so yummy!! I made my Zucchini/eggplant casserole yesterday. I had 2 eggplants and 5 zucchinis so it made a huge pan. Now I have 4 tubs of it in the freezer. Good luck on having the clean out and donate bug hit you.

@AK_Tracy has the snow melted away now?? WHAT??? you don't like nuts in your brownies, cookies, desserts??? I love nuts and raisins in all my desserts! Okay... now I have to go look for the Bon Jovi series.... where did you find it??

@bcgal00 Oh... you are so busy now. So glad that you have made so many new friends since the move. I used to play Mahjong. Glad you are having fun with it.

@taxed4ever So glad to hear it is almost time for the InLaws move. I know you will be glad once they are settled in.

@bitzee Sorry I am late in welcoming you to the chatter.

Sorry... have to go... DD is calling. CYL

bitzee

@faerywings I know you will have lots of fun with the family during "The BASH"!!!

@mimes1 LOL... another BTDT between us.... we lived in Virginia Beach for a few years! Is your Son-in-law in the Navy?? My hubby was in the Navy for 20 years and then 19 years as technical representative to the Navy with an aerospace company. I am very familiar with the long separations that comes with Navy cruises.

@vickyday Oh, that roast sounds so yummy!! I made my Zucchini/eggplant casserole yesterday. I had 2 eggplants and 5 zucchinis so it made a huge pan. Now I have 4 tubs of it in the freezer. Good luck on having the clean out and donate bug hit you.

@AK_Tracy has the snow melted away now?? WHAT??? you don't like nuts in your brownies, cookies, desserts??? I love nuts and raisins in all my desserts! Okay... now I have to go look for the Bon Jovi series.... where did you find it??

@bcgal00 Oh... you are so busy now. So glad that you have made so many new friends since the move. I used to play Mahjong. Glad you are having fun with it.

@taxed4ever So glad to hear it is almost time for the InLaws move. I know you will be glad once they are settled in.

No, problem. Thank you, Kay.

mimes1

CHEERY O

We must be related or something! So many shared experiences! You called it, my SIL is Navy, his ship is based out of Norfolk. This is Erinns second cruise separation but they’ve had many shorter underway separations. If you had one tip to share, what would it be? It would be cool to share something of your experience with Erinn.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

It was absolutely yummy! We will have seconds tonight for supper!
I'm with you on the nuts in cookies, brownies.....anything really!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,

I'm beyond exhausted today. Even my hands are tired. That could be from hoisting myself up into Ava's big truck SO many times yesterday. She doesn't have a running board, so it's sheer upper body strength. There IS a handle, thank toodness, but the step up is just about ALL I can manage at my height. When I get out, I kind of slide out until my feet hit the ground. Can you just picture that??? :lol23::lol23::lol23:(Roger has a monster truck, but at least he has running boards, which help.) Not only did we drive for about 2 and 1/2 hours, each way but we made so many stops on the way there and back. SO many great shops in Fayetteville and lots of vintage and antique shops, which we love. BTW, that's where the Walton family lives and where Walmart started - just a fun fact. The U of Arkansas is also there.

Not going to do any personals right now, I just finished a layout for another CT I'm on and Adrienne will be here in awhile. I bought some gorgeous florals yesterday in this quaint little home decor store. Anyway, I couldn't wait to put them in a new lemon vase that I got recently, so that's what I played with last night. She wants to come over and see what I did.

One last thing, ya'll ARE cray cray. I love it!

XOXO

AK_Tracy

Yes, the snow is 99% gone. A few small piles left but those are where we plowed it into the woods. @faerywings is the one who watched Bon Jovi, I wanna say Netflix but not sure.
I'm with you on the nuts in cookies, brownies.....anything really!
The two of you!!! Nuts. Y'all are just nuts! :floorlaugh: Can we even be friends??? :giggle4: (read with laughter)
Good thing we bonded over so many other things before I found out you were nuts. :rotfl::lol23:

MariJ

@faerywings I actually grew up summers in Highlands and Sandy Hook - two houses from the bay beach. My friend's family has a house in Belmar where I spent time as a teenager.
Yesterday this friend was driving her daughter down to work in Ocean Grove, from up North and asked me to go, but at the last minute it fell through. I missed the chance to see the ocean!

JeanneMN

I laughed and laughed!!!!! Yes, gag me with a spoon!!!! Coconut shouldn't be allowed in cake.

Thank you SO much for this!!! Cant wait to try this recipe.

I say YES! We take the bad words out and call it what it is, salad. No guilt. :giggle4:

YES! We did!!!

Are ya gonna come see me???? What time do you arrive??? I've so infiltrated your mind that you auto type AK now instead of AR. And it wont take more then seven days to get here. I will have the cake ready. :love:

Oh No!!! Dont over do it like that!!!! Screaming backs are no fun!!!

Today was a fun day of work. I got paid to read my book and go over the lesson in James that my friend and I are working on.
I think I'll take a coconut cake. I love coconut. I love Philadelphia Cream Cheese icing, too. Not to be too picky, but I might as well tell you what I really like. My family has always gotten through the difficulties of life with our dark humor. It's all my dad's fault - we used to sit out in the congregation while Mom sang in the choir. He always put us girls up to some shenanigans and she was appalled by us. We have been known to laugh inappropriately at many times. When my baby sister got married, her dress got caught on the pins that were holding down the runner to the alter. My other sister and I got so tickled causing the entire wedding party AND the minister to dissolve into hysterical laughter. My mom was humiliated until after the ceremony, her friends thought we were crying with happiness over our baby sister's wedding. :rotfl::giggle4::lol23:
You've never had Bunny's Coconut Cake @ Canadian Honker in Rochester. This is all I got written before starting another full day of gardening. Yesterday we planted pond plants, geraniums and put in 3 trellises & a whirleygig on the berm that ate coneflowers for years. Toay we planted 3 clematis there, 2 purples & a red. Also planted 2 more clematis on west side of our house, the clematis wall . Did a bunch of pruning & general sprucing up for Memorial Day. About time to sit back & enjoy.